The Office of Life, Justice and Peace has hosted a webinar series to facilitate conversation and foster learning in the current pandemic. Learn more about COVID-19, the impact on today’s culture, and receive encouragement in your response as a parishioner, parish leader, family member, or healthcare profession. Select a presentation below to view past webinars.
View resources shared during Webinar 4: “How Catholic Mental Health Ministries can Support Parishioners during COVID-19”
MINISTRY IN THE TIME OF COVID-19:
Parish ministries are not meeting face to face right now. But, that doesn’t mean your ministry has to slow down! Now is a great time to reach new people, educate and form parishioners, and accompany those in need. Here are some tips to help you get started:
- Hold online meetings or events
- Invite speakers or create panels of experts on a subject
- Ask your parish office if there is a list of sick or homebound parishioners who could use friendly phone calls
- Identify a local service organization and do a virtual fundraiser
- Participate in a rosary novena for peace
- Listen to Pope Francis’ audience messages about Catholic social ministry and discuss
- Watch videos on Catholic Social Teaching and have a virtual discussion
If you need ideas on how to better engage your parish community feel free to contact Gina Vides at email@example.com or (213) 637-7690
Click here for quick tutorials on how to use Zoom to engage with your ministry virtually.
Click here to learn how to Schedule a Meeting (1 Minute and 7 seconds long)
Click here for information on Meeting Room Controls (so you can administer in-meeting aspects, like participants, chat room, and screen sharing) (10 Minutes and 16 seconds long)
Click here to read a ‘Getting started’ article.
Click here for further concerns about Zoom’s security features.