Telephone: (213) 637-7262
The Office for Divine Worship assists the Archbishop in his role as “Chief Liturgist” and supports the Church of the Archdiocese of Los Angeles in encountering Christ in the celebration of the sacraments, prayer and Divine Worship.
WHO WE SERVE
The Archbishop, Auxiliary Bishops, Pastors, Deacons, Parish Liturgy Directors, RCIA Directors, offices of the Archdiocese, liturgical and sacramental ministers (Lectors, Extraordinary Ministers of Holy Communion, Initiation Ministers, Music Ministers, et al.), Parish Catechetical Leaders, and schools.
WHAT WE DO
- Support pastors and parishes in their liturgical and sacramental ministries.
- Assist the Archbishop in making policies regarding liturgical and sacramental ministries.
- Provide formation opportunities (online, print, physical) for liturgical and sacramental ministers (priests, deacons, initiation ministers, music ministers, et al.).
- Offer liturgical print resources to parishes and schools.
- Oversee the implementation of the Rite of Christian Initiation (RCIA) within the Archdiocese.
- Assist the Archbishop in approving any renovations, remodeling or construction of churches or worship spaces in the Archdiocese.
Liturgical Guidelines, Resources, and Training | Lent Resources/Holy Week Guidelines
License requirements for parish livestreams
Join our Mailing List here!
Fr. Juan Ochoa
Director of the Office for Divine Worship
Divine Worship Staff
Coordinator of Liturgical Minister Training
Coordinator for Christian Initiation