Inspired by the important role Ananias played in St. Paul’s journey to Christ [Acts 9:10-19], our Ananias Training will help parishes, homes, and apostolates become places where we can:
- recognize the stages of another’s spiritual journey through compassionate listening.
- listen lovingly to their real questions and opinions about God in order to guide the discovery of how God is present and active in a person’s life.
- talk about our relationship with God.
- share how we came to be a disciple of Jesus.
Ananias Training is a 17-hour process structured over five zoom experiences and an online learning platform, designed to form parishioners with no previous training in “the art of spiritual accompaniment.” The training will use Scripture reflections, video, and facilitated discussions to form “Ananiases.”
Ananias Training will be offered through zoom sessions and an online learning platform. Cost: $25 for online access and materials
The Zoom Sessions will be on the follow dates:
Thursday’s at 6:30 pm – 8:00pm
Jan 28 Come and See
February 25 Session 1
March 4 Session 2
March 11 Session 3
March 19 – 21 Retreat
March 25 Session 4
- Pastors and pastoral leaders who desire to move a parish culture toward mission by raising up individuals who can journey with others toward intentional discipleship.
- RCIA team members.
- Small group and table leaders of all types.
- Called & Gifted interviewers and small group leaders.
- Ministers to the sick and homebound.
- Parishioners who desire the confidence and skills to share their faith with family, friends, co-workers, etc.
This training is hosted by:
Archdiocese of Los Angeles – Office of New Evangelization and Parish Life
Phone: (213) 637- 7366
Phone: (213) 804-9109
Phone: (213) 637- 7542