We have compiled a list of resources to help you succeed.
- Each week resources are shared to help you and/or your family reflect on the upcoming Sunday readings, grow in your relationship with God and strengthen your faith.
Guidelines for Ministry to & With Young People (Download PDF)
- The Office of Safeguard the Children is dedicated to “protecting all of God’s children” by fully implementing Article 12 of the Charter for the Protection of Children and Young People adopted by the United States Conference of Catholic Bishops in 2002.
- “Seek to empower young people to be missionary disciples. That’s why we equip you – pastoral leaders, youth ministers, parents, and others – as you accompany youth to be Christian witnesses in their daily, and ever-changing lives.”
Important Forms for Ministry with Young People
This list includes templates for many forms that are used on a regular basis in ministry with young people. These forms pertain to liability issues, employment matters, and other areas of this vital ministry. PLEASE note that most forms should be adapted to include specific information about your parish or the event for which they are being used.
- Guidelines for Developing a Job Description
- Guidelines for Setting Salaries
- Sample Job Description for Coordinator
- Hiring Issues for New Coordinators
- Suggested Steps for Advertising a Position
- Performance Appraisal Information
- Student and Youth Activity Form (Revised 1/2015- Permission Slip and Medical Release Form for Youth Activity)
- Medication Authorization and Permission Form (Revised 1/2015)
- Behavior Contract Suggested Format
- Insurance Certificate Request Form
- Adult Consent and Release Form
- Guidelines for Field Trips and Activities
- Program Handbook Content Suggestions (Word Doc)
- Program Handbook Suggested Signature Page
- Safeguard the Children Procedures
- Policies on Photo/Audio Recording of Young People
- Guidelines for Young People Serving as Peer Leaders
- Guidelines for Adults Interacting with Young People