We often receive calls from schools and confirmation classes looking for volunteer hours. Our office compiled a list of vetted organizations serving those in need who have works of mercy opportunities for all ages. For suggestions, please email firstname.lastname@example.org
Great Works of Mercy Projects
- See if your parish has any ministries you can support
- Contact your local hospital, nursing home, food pantry, soup kitchen, community garden, or library and see if they need volunteers.
- Make cards or gift boxes: you can send them to nursing home residents, active duty military or veterans, youth in foster care, prisoners, or homeless shelters (great for little kids)
- Host a drive: collect baby items for pregnancy centers, canned goods for food pantries, toiletries and clothes for homeless shelters like Covenant House or one below. And then, request a tour!
- Collect pajamas, jeans, prom dresses or duffel bags for youth in foster care, household items for resettled refugees or books for prisoners.
For a complete list on other ways to volunteer and serve your community, visit our Service Your Community Page.