St. Eugene School
9521 S. Haas Ave.
Los Angeles, CA 90047-3739 United States
We the school community, of St. Eugene’s Parish, proclaim the Gospel message, as given to us by Jesus Christ. We work and learn together, respect ourselves and others, as we grow closer to God.
On September 21, 1948, Saint Eugene’s opened its parochial school. The enrollment was 300 children in grades one through six. On December 19, 1948, the doors of the school were opened to welcome the parishioners for an Open House.
The Sisters of Saint Joseph of Carondelet were given charge of Saint Eugene’s School. Approximately two years later, the convent for the Sisters was built at 9617 South Van Ness Avenue.
On the afternoon of Sunday, January 23, 1949, Reverend Timothy Manning, Auxiliary Bishop, blessed the school in the presence of 700 proud parishioners.