St. Albert the Great Middle School
823 E. Compton Blvd.
Compton, CA 90220-1105 United States
St. Albert The Great Middle School is an academic community rooted in the Catholic faith. It shares with parents, who are the primary educators of their children, the educational mission of the Church. The students grow and learn within a caring and faith-filled parish community. Under the guidance of St. Albert The Great faculty and parents, students experience and develop Christian attitudes and behaviors of self-discipline, respect, and responsibility towards themselves, their families, and their community.
We believe that we share in a mission to proclaim the goodness of God, and to assist in the total development of the children we teach. Inspired by the message and teaching of Jesus, we are committed to providing an educational environment, which will strengthen the spiritual and social values of students, and enhance their personal and academic development.
St. Albert the Great Middle School represents a community effort to produce the best program for every child. We are a challenging school, but we are also supportive. Teachers and parents work together to help students become intelligent, responsible and contributing members of a global society.
Our Educational Goals
- To inspire a belief in the joy of life found in the love of God
- To teach Christian values and encourage students to apply them to all aspects of their lives
- To provide an instructional program with a strong foundation in basic academic skills
- To develop in each child the ability to think, inquire and strive for intellectual excellence
- To encourage self-direction and fulfillment of individual abilities and social responsibilities
- To help students become a part of the school faith community and to foster an atmosphere of prayer, love, caring, giving, understanding and forgiveness.