For pregnancy help in California:
Call Options United at 1-877-398-7734
There are so many wonderful resources for pregnant and parenting families. Options United refers to all the pregnancy resource centers in Southern California. These centers can help connect pregnant women with medical care, insurance, housing, food, baby items, maternity clothes, childcare, and more.
Find Resources for Moms and Dads
This website has helpful tips for everything from health, housing, and materials to parenting, life hacks, education and career advice for moms.
A lot of parishes host a baby shower, diaper drive, baby bottle fundraiser, or a drive for pregnancy resource centers in their area. These are a good way to start, but here’s some more creative ways your parish can support pregnant and parenting families.
Organize a Blessing for Pregnant Mothers and Unborn Children
Pray with the Rite of Blessing for Unborn Children at the end of Mass to honor the sanctity of life. You can also organize a Holy Hour for Life or a Rosary for Life.
Visit Your Local Pregnancy Center
Take your Respect Life Group, RCIA, confirmation class, youth group, or anyone who wants to the local pregnancy resource center for a tour! Many pregnancy centers need volunteers to sort baby items or share information, and this is a great way to introduce your parish to the center.
Start a Pregnancy or Parenting Support Group
Many moms and dads, especially those facing difficult pregnancies or single parenthood, are overwhelmed and looking for a welcoming community. Offer parenting classes, Mommy & Me classes, a mom’s walking club, summer reading program, or have your Respect Life Group meet at someone’s house and welcome kids to play while the parents talk.
Visit EmbraceGrace.com for a beautiful curriculum for pregnant/parenting moms.
Educate Yourself and Your Parish with Angelus News Articles
- Pregnant women find family at California shelter
- Respect Life in Every Moment by Archbishop Gomez
- Pro-woman, Pro-life: Toward holistic care
- ‘A vision for society as God wants it to be’: An estimated 20,000 march for human dignity in Downtown LA
- Pregnancy Help Center celebrates decades of making a difference
- The miracle of life
- There is no ‘me’ in maternity leave by Kathleen Domingo
- ‘A hidden gem’ for abandoned pregnant women
- When life can do more: Lianna Rebolledo, a rape survivor, becomes a pro-life advocate and voice for those suffering similar experiences
- Americans agree: Moms and dads should have paid parental leave
- Pope Francis to parents: teach your children the faith by example
- Researcher: Study after study finding kids do best with married parents
- My daughter the nun: How parents can influence vocations
- Pope Francis to parents: Do you believe in the beauty of love?
- Good parenting requires a little tough love