Saint Monica Preparatory (formerly St. Monica Elementary School and St. Monica High School) is a parish, coeducational TK-12 day school, a ministry of St. Monica Catholic Community in the heart of Santa Monica. SM Prep has an over 90-year history of educating students for a life of faithful citizenship.
The Vice President Advancement, under the general supervision of the President, assumes responsibility for planning, organizing, leading and managing all admissions, marketing and fundraising activities for Saint Monica Preparatory, reporting to the President of Schools.
1. Responsible for leading the school’s advancement program.
2. Oversees all fund-raising activities including major gifts, annual giving, capital campaigns, special projects, endowment, foundation and corporate relations and other school-related solicitation.
3. Supervises donor cultivation and recognition.
4. Manages all aspects of the Advancement Team.
5. Manages admissions efforts to ensure admissions goals are met.
6. Coordinates development and marketing research activities.
7. Maintains contact with and develops proposals for foundations and corporations.
8. Researches and identifies new markets and prospects to improve admissions and marketing efforts.
9. Attends appropriate Board committee meetings.
10. Oversees Alumni Relations, Special Events, Marketing, Fundraising and Admissions.
11. Ensures that the integrity of Saint Monica Preparatory branding is maintained and the messaging is consistent throughout the department.
12. Supports and encourages the President in all advancement efforts and assumes other ad-hoc responsibilities as needed.
Interested applicants should email a resume and cover letter to email@example.com
As a part of your cover letter please respond to the following questions:
1. What do you enjoy about fundraising?
2. Who would you guess are our biggest competitors, and what might you do to help differentiate us from other schools?
3. What is the most unique gift you’ve ever brought in?
4. What do you think are three traits an Admissions Officer should have? How do you demonstrate them?
5. What are the three most important skills for a marketing team member?
Saint Monica Preparatory (Santa Monica)
1030 Lincoln Blvd
Santa Monica, CA firstname.lastname@example.org