Our Lady of Guadalupe School in East Los Angeles is a TK-8 Catholic elementary school, seeking a highly motivated, faith-filled individual to join our school community as a full-time Transitional-Kindergarten school teaching position.
Our Lady of Guadalupe School, in partnership with the parish, parents, and extended community provides a safe and caring environment that promotes spiritual, moral, and academic growth for all students.
We are seeking a Teacher who is responsible for creating and presenting lessons that develop students’ skills in mathematics and science while promoting creativity and critical thinking. Teacher duties include classroom management, creating and executing lessons, grading examinations and quizzes, collaboration with school faculty and administration, and communication with parents and staff.
The TK Teacher will communicate and collaborate consistently with colleagues, administration, and parents while providing an age appropriate educational program for students transitioning into Kindergarten. The candidate will focus on project-based learning and hands-on activities while fostering a fun, safe and creative learning environment.
• A Bachelor’s degree or higher
Qualifications & Experience
• Previous teaching in an Elementary School or Pre-School is highly preferred
• Classroom management while providing academic instruction
• Make data-driven decisions while fostering a positive and safe classroom culture, focused on student learning
Desired Skills & Characteristics
• Possess a growth mindset and passion for learning
• Collaborative colleague who is a team member that is willing to volunteer in roles beyond the classroom
• Knowledge of current approaches to assessment, benchmarking and tracking of results
• Professional awareness about the role of technology in 21st century schools
• A practicing Catholic who is results oriented, self-motivated, dynamic, energetic and creative
• Excellent organizational skills including the ability to motivate and lead diverse learners
The information contained herein is not intended to be an all-inclusive list of the duties and responsibilities of the job, nor is it intended to be an all-inclusive list of the skills and abilities required to perform the job.
Qualified applicants should submit their cover letter, resume, 2 letters of recommendation (1 from recent supervisor preferred), and contact information for 3 professional references to email@example.com.
Our Lady of Guadalupe School (Los Angeles)
436 N Hazard Ave
Los Angeles, CA firstname.lastname@example.org