Bishop Garcia Diego High School seeks talented faculty member who will put our students first and strive to educate the entire person and make a difference in their lives. We seek to attract culturally and academically diverse faculty who thrive to be engaged participants in our academic community. The most successful candidates see opportunities before problems, confidently adjust and tailor their instructional approaches to differential student requirements, and aspire to deliver an instructional experience that is rigorous and relevant.
We seek a dynamic and talented teacher who enjoys secondary education and who can teach a variety of Catholic Theology courses and electives. The ideal teacher will create a rich learning environment, employ varied teaching approaches, and use multiple tools to assess student understanding and competencies. The teacher will have the ability to work collaboratively with other Theology teachers, will be able to employ differentiated instructional methods in developing and delivering effective lessons to a diverse group of learners. Enthusiasm for classroom innovation and ability to devise a variety of educational experiences is valued at Bishop Diego: use of inquiry-based instructional methods (e.g. POGIL), use of dynamic assessment tools, class discussions, group projects to deepen student understanding. Flexibility, humor and willingness to work with students inside and outside the class are valued. The teacher will have preference for a faith-based, Catholic values-based curriculum and a proactive orientation to seek parent input and counsel to effectively advance student success.
Duties and responsibilities include:
• Lesson plans for course on file
• Preparation and implementation of daily lessons
• Delivery of assignments and timely evaluation of all relevant class work and student progress
• Design and implementation of appropriate, authentic assessments and support of individual student learning styles
• Timely and proactive communication with parents about student progress
• Collaboration with other members of faculty, administration, and staff on experiential, interdisciplinary and community-based opportunities that add to the school community
• Willingness to adapt and change instructional approaches based on peer and supervisory suggestions and recommendations
• Participation in school sponsored curricular and extra-curricular Catholic activities on and off campus
• Effective and timely communication with varied school constituencies in person, and through various electronic forms of communication
• Support for divisional and school-wide initiatives through committee work, where appropriate
• Supervision and/or participation in non-academic activities, including lunch and study hall as appropriate
The successful candidate must be a practicing Catholic. The successful candidate must possess or acquire a Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Theology, and a Catechetical certificate. Minimum of five years teaching experience preferred, however, candidates with less experience may be considered depending on background. The successful candidate will also possess a positive attitude, excellent written and verbal skills, strong organizational skills, and proven success within a work setting that requires collaboration, cooperation and collegiality. Ability to lead one or more co-curricular activities is desirable. The school welcomes the opportunity to continue to find ways to diversify its faculty.
Bishop Garcia Diego High School offers a competitive salary commensurate with experience and demonstrated accomplishments and comprehensive benefits package.
Interested candidates are encouraged to review our school and curricular philosophy at www.bishopdiego.org. First year applications without certification will be considered. To apply for the position please provide the following to the physical mail or email address below:
• Cover Letter
• Current Resume
• Copy of Transcript
• Credential Copy
• Letters of Recommendation (3 recent, signed letters of recommendation required)
No Phone Inquiries Please
Attn: Mrs. Karen Regan
Bishop Garcia Diego High School
4000 La Colina Road
Santa Barbara, CA 93110
Bishop Garcia Diego High School provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, or disability.
Bishop Garcia Diego High School (Santa Barbara)
4000 La Colina Road
Santa Barbara, CA firstname.lastname@example.org