Bishop Garcia Diego High School seeks a dynamic and talented teacher who enjoys secondary education and who can teach a variety of Catholic Theology courses and electives.
- The ideal teacher will create a rich learning environment, employ varied teaching approaches, and use multiple tools to assess student understanding and competencies.
- The teacher will have the ability to work collaboratively with other Theology teachers, will be able to employ differentiated instructional methods in developing and delivering effective lessons to a diverse group of learners.
- Enthusiasm for classroom innovation and ability to devise a variety of educational experiences is valued at Bishop Diego:
- use of inquiry-based instructional methods, dynamic assessment tools, class discussions, group projects, etc. to deepen student understanding.
- Flexibility, humor, and willingness to work with students inside and outside the class are valued.
- The teacher will have preference for a faith-based, Catholic values-based curriculum, and a proactive orientation to seek parent input and counsel to effectively advance student success.
- The successful candidate must be a practicing Catholic.
- The ideal candidate possesses or will acquire a Bachelor’s degree or higher in Theology, and a Catechetical certificate.
- Minimum of five years teaching experience preferred, however, candidates with less experience may be considered depending on background.
- The successful candidate must also possess a positive attitude, excellent written and verbal skills, strong organizational skills, and demonstrate proven success within a work setting that requires collaboration, cooperation, and collegiality.
- Ability to lead one or more co-curricular activities is desirable.
Interested candidates are encouraged to review our school and curricular philosophy at www.bishopdiego.org. First year applications without certification will be considered.
To apply for the position please provide the following to the physical mail or email address below. No phone inquiries please.
• Cover Letter
• Current Resume
• Copy of Transcript
• Credential Copy (if applicable)
• Letters of Recommendation (3 recent, signed letters of recommendation required)
No Phone Inquiries Please
Attn: Mrs. Jacqueline Sienkowski, Principal
Bishop Garcia Diego High School
4000 La Colina Road · Santa Barbara, CA 93110
Bishop Garcia Diego High School provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, or disability.
The rate of pay offered to the selected candidate is based on internal pay policy and budget. New hires are commonly paid at the minimum of the wage range or within the lower part of the range. We consider a number of factors when making compensation decisions including, but not limited to, skill sets, experience, training and other department needs.
Bishop Garcia Diego High School (Santa Barbara)
4000 La Colina Road
Santa Barbara, CA email@example.com