Notre Dame Academy, a TK-12 school in West Los Angeles, is seeking an innovative, dynamic, and creative Technology teacher for Middle School Elective classes and TK-5 Technology Classes. Guided by the principles of the Sisters of Notre Dame, NDA is committed to growing leaders who are 21st century thinkers, life-long learners, and compassionate individuals who actively seek to make the world a better place. The Technology Teacher will plan and design Middle School Elective classes such as Coding and Filmmaking and Broadcasting. The Technology Teacher will also design and teach Technology curriculum to grades TK-5, including basic skills, appropriate use of technology, and real-world projects with authentic applications. NDA is a 1:1 iPad school and technology is integrated throughout the curriculum across all grade levels and subject areas. The Technology Teacher will also collaborate with teachers on designing grade-level content that incorporates technology in a meaningful way. Faculty members model their Catholic faith in word and action, have a Growth Mindset, use their Habits of Mind, and are life-long learners. As such, faculty members are passionate about what they do, the students they teach and mentor, and the school community. NDA is an exciting, highly professional, and very engaging community to be a part of. Are you the next teacher to become an NDA Knight and a part of our family?
1. Minimum of 3 years teaching in a tech-related capacity, preferably at the Middle School level
2. Multiple Subject and/or Single Subject Credential, preferably in a STEM-related field
3. Proficiency with iPad and OS/Mac/Apple tools
4. Familiarity with curriculum design, including project-based learning and design thinking
5. Strong classroom management skills
6. Strong communication, collaboration, and organizational skills
7. Ability to be a learner, including putting in time to plan and collaborate after school, seek out and attend trainings, and research current tools and best practices related to technology instruction.
8. Knowledge and experience with a wide variety of technology tools, resources, lessons, and applications.
1. Master’s degree
2. Training and Experience in Thinking Maps, Curriculum Mapping, and Understanding by Design
3. Active Catholic
Notre Dame Academy Elementary School (Los Angeles)
2911 Overland Ave
Los Angeles, CA firstname.lastname@example.org