The school teacher respects Catholic values and aids students in Christian formation by exemplifying Catholic living, both in and out of the classroom. The teacher is accountable to the principal and expected to provide education to the grades and/or subjects assigned, to implement the school mission and philosophy, to follow the policies of the Diocese of Los Angeles and in the parent handbook of OLPH, and adhere to the directives set by school administration.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS: The teacher establishes a faith-filled environment, demonstrates leadership and knowledge of content, and facilitates learning for students without specific direction using considerable judgment.
• Leads daily prayer, plans and participates in school liturgies
• Maintains effective classroom management and cultivates an atmosphere conducive to learning
• Confers with principal and staff in the planning and development of curriculum and pedagogy
• Actively participates in teacher collaboration and articulation
• Plans instruction carefully and implements content effectively
• Organizes and prepares resources for students
• Participates in ongoing training and maintains the appropriate Catechist Certification
• Incorporates technology into the learning environment within the classroom
• Teaches assigned subjects and assists students as needed
• Evaluates and grades students’ work
• Exhibits flexibility in the day-to-day school environment
• Communicates professionally and in a timely manner with pastor, principal, colleagues, parents, and students
• Supervises and accepts responsibility for the safety and well-being of each child as assigned
• Performs additional duties as requested by the principal
• Participates in ongoing evaluation for accreditation for OLPH
Record Keeping Responsibilities:
• Maintains grading records and updates computer grading system at least weekly
• Prepares report cards for distribution at the end of each grading period
• Records daily attendance of students
• Completes all required forms and reports as designated by administration
• Attends all school events, such as but not limited to, Back to School Night, Open House, Gala, Graduation; as well as, all faculty, professional development, ongoing catechesis, and other meetings as established and scheduled by the principal.
Bachelor’s degree with teaching credentials
Experience: Previous instructional experience preferred
• Practicing Catholic with general knowledge and understanding of the Catholic Church
• Establishes and pursues professional growth goals through coursework, research, conferences, workshops, and other development opportunities
• Maintains CPR and first aid certification
• Demonstrates excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Displays proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel, and computerized software
• Displays proficiency in google classroom usage and applications, and in integrating technology into the curriculum
• Establishes rapport, works independently, and maintains strict confidentiality and professional ethics
FT position, $43,344 – $70,380 – Compensation commensurate with level of experience, relevant professional certifications, and/or degrees earned.
The rate of pay offered to the selected candidate is based on internal pay policy and budget. New hires are commonly paid at the minimum of the wage range or within the lower part of the range. We consider a number of factors when making compensation decisions including, but not limited to, skill sets, experience, training and other department needs.
Our Lady of Perpetual Help School (Newhall)
23225 Lyons Avenue
Newhall, CA email@example.com