Teacher Job Description
JOB TITLE: Full-time Kindergarten Teacher
The teacher is responsible for fostering the intellectual, social, physical, and faith development of children in the first year of their elementary school experience.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Recognizes and supports the unique Catholic Mission of the school by speaking, acting, and instructing consistent with the teachings of the Catholic Church.
• Demonstrate effective planning skills by preparing lessons designed to implement stated goals and objectives and by incorporating school and archdiocesan curriculum objectives in lesson plans.
• Demonstrate competence in teaching by demonstrating current, thorough knowledge of curriculum and subject matter and be able to communicate effectively with students; be able to organize classroom learning and materials to maximize student time on tasks as well as motivate student learning.
• Develop and use effective methods of evaluation that are directly related to curriculum objectives and to concepts and skills taught; consistently and effectively evaluate student progress.
• Ensure that the objective, methodology, and assessment are aligned for each lesson.
• Use STAR Test results to plan, modify, and differentiate instruction.
• Demonstrate active supervision and sound classroom management.
• Establish a consistent disciplinary approach that promotes self-direction and positive self-image; set high standards for student behavior and manage inappropriate behavior effectively.
• Cooperate with school and administration; work effectively with all staff members to promote positive relationships with students and parents.
• At all times demonstrate professional responsibility in enforcing archdiocesan and school policies and regulations.
• Perform other duties as assigned.
• Excellent communications skills including written, verbal, public speaking, and presentation skills.
• Be able to manage multiple tasks simultaneously.
• Proficiency in the use of computer technology and remote learning including
Education and Experience:
• A Bachelor’s degree in education from an accredited university
• CA Multiple Subjects Teaching Credential (or in the process of completing it).
• Experience with early child education (teaching and program).
Maria Regina School (Gardena)
13510 S. Van Ness Avenue