The teacher is responsible for fostering the intellectual, social, physical, and faith development of children in the first year of their elementary school experience.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Recognizes and supports the unique Catholic Mission of the school by speaking, acting, and instructing consistent with the teachings of the Catholic Church.
• Demonstrate competence in teaching by demonstrating current, thorough knowledge of curriculum and subject matter and be able to communicate effectively with students; be able to organize classroom learning and materials to maximize student time on tasks as well as motivate student learning.
• Develop and use effective methods of evaluation that are directly related to curriculum objectives and to concepts and skills taught; consistently and effectively evaluate student progress.
• Ensure that the objective, methodology, and assessment are aligned for each lesson.
• Use STAR Test results to plan, modify, and differentiate instruction.
• Correct assignments in a timely manner and update the grades every two weeks.
• Demonstrate active supervision and sound classroom management.
• Establish a consistent disciplinary approach that promotes self-direction and positive self- image; set high standards for student behavior and manage inappropriate behavior effectively.
• Maintain a functional and pleasant learning environment.
• Cooperate with school and administration; work effectively with all staff members to
promote positive relationships with students and parents.
• At all times demonstrate professional responsibility in enforcing archdiocesan and school policies and regulations.
• Perform other duties as assigned.
Excellent communications skills including written, verbal, public speaking, and presentation skills.
• Excellent human relations and interpersonal skills; must be a self-starter and be well-organized; must be a team player.
• Be able to manage multiple tasks simultaneously.
• Proficiency in the use of computer technology, remote learning including word Microsoft Office and related technology.
Education and Experience:
• A Bachelor degree in education from an accredited university
• At least three (3) experience with early childhood education (teaching and program).
• Comfort and familiarity with the integration of technology into the classroom.
• Capability to facilitate in-person, hybrid/simultaneous, and social-distance learning.
To Apply: Information/Application Contact:
Please submit a cover letter, resume, and two references to email@example.com
Maria Regina School (Gardena)
13510 S. Van Ness Avenue
Gardena, CA firstname.lastname@example.org