Bishop Montgomery High School in Torrance is accepting applications for a High School Science Teacher. The successful candidate must demonstrate up-to-date knowledge of the content areas and be able to engage students using a wide variety of teaching strategies. The candidate must be highly skilled at planning, organizing, and developing a curriculum to reach the needs of all learners. This position includes courses in Biology and Chemistry. The candidate will also effectively collaborate with colleagues to integrate the Science department goals as well as the school mission.
Bishop Montgomery seeks faculty and staff who are enthusiastic about ongoing professional learning and engaging students in their development. We offer a competitive salary, excellent benefits, and a friendly, beautiful campus setting.
• Bachelor’s Degree required in Biology/Chemistry or similar course of study
• Teaching credential general secondary or single subject (preferred)
• At least three (2) years of teaching experience
• Good interpersonal skills to establish effective working relationships with students, parents, and school personnel
• Ability to effectively manage multiple tasks and complete them by due dates
• Ability to effectively communicate in oral and written form
• Must demonstrate sensitivity towards students from diverse cultural and socio-economic backgrounds
• Ability to communicate effectively and appropriately with teenagers and their parents
• Ability to maintain files accurately, on paper and in software programs (aeries, canvas, google classroom)
Please put the job title in the subject line and submit a resume, cover letter, and an unofficial transcript via email to email@example.com.
The rate of pay offered to the selected candidate is based on internal pay policy and budget. New hires are commonly paid at the minimum of the wage range or within the lower part of the range. We consider a number of factors when making compensation decisions including, but not limited to, skill sets, experience, training and other department needs.
Bishop Montgomery High School (Torrance)
5430 Torrance Blvd.
Torrance, CA firstname.lastname@example.org