Position Title: Science Teacher
Reports to: Department Chair
Status: Full-Time, Exempt
Pay Scale: $81,000 – $100,000
As part of an international network of Religious of the Sacred Heart of Mary (RSHM) schools, Marymount High School is an independent, Catholic all-girls school with the core purpose of educating and empowering young women to live lives of consequence as ethical leaders with a global perspective and an unshakable commitment to the common good.
Marymount is currently recruiting for a new science teacher to join our outstanding faculty of teachers for the next school year. The ideal candidate has experience AP Biology, Chemistry, and Anatomy.
The Science Teacher is a full-time teacher and member of the Science Department, reporting to the Department Chair. The ideal candidate is comfortable working in a highly collaborative environment where value is placed on the skills and passions of the instructor. You are someone who incorporates technology and hands-on learning experiences in the classroom with enthusiasm.
· Monitor progress of each student for mastery of course content, providing intervention or differentiation when necessary and appropriate, and consistent high quality feedback
· Offer collaborative and individual learning opportunities that support student growth
· Design lessons that are well-planned in terms of content, developmental appropriateness, and department sequencing
· Work alongside other teachers to coordinate lesson plans and course sequencing
· Develop learning experiences where inquiry, curiosity, and exploration are valued
· Create a learning environment where students feel safe and welcome
· Place a strong emphasis on learning, and the important role that mistakes play in learning
· Other duties as assigned
Marymount High School provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Marymount High School complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment.
· Master’s degree in a relevant field, preferred; will consider candidates enrolled in relevant Master’s Degree programs. Bachelor’s Degree in relevant field required.
· Previous teaching experience required, preferably at the high school level.
· Minimum of three (3) years professional experience working in education.
The rate of pay offered to the selected candidate is based on internal pay policy and budget. New hires are commonly paid at the minimum of the wage range or within the lower part of the range. We consider a number of factors when making compensation decisions including, but not limited to, skill sets, experience, training and other department needs.
Marymount High School (Los Angeles)
10643 Sunset Blvd.
Los Angeles, CA email@example.com