DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Because all School employees represent the Roman Catholic Church, they are expected to conduct themselves according to the goals and mission of the Church in performing their work.
The following tasks are considered essential functions of the position. To perform the job successfully an employee must possess the abilities and aptitude to perform each duty proficiently.
• Makes sure all gates are closed and locked during school hours.
• Maintains school calendar; arranges and helps coordinates school events and activities.
• Maintains school records on computer; and generates routine reports, lists and labels. May also maintain such records manually.
• Open the mail and gives to office manager
• Uses tact and discretion when listening to parents, etc. in need of assistance, referring them to the principal, teachers, and others as appropriate
• Performs reception duties including answering and screening telephone calls, sorting and distributing mail, greeting visitors and offering refreshments.
• Types a variety of correspondence, schedules, forms and lists from notes or handwritten drafts; composes and types own correspondence; reviews drafts and finished documents to ensure correct grammar and spelling.
• Performs routine office duties such as ordering and distributing supplies, copying, collating, and distributing reports, etc.
• Assists in mailing projects by collating materials, folding and stuffing, addressing, and stamping envelopes.
• Actively supports philosophy and goals of the Church and School; participates in Church activities including attending services; assists with ministries and other activities encourage others to do the same.
• Ability to accept increasing responsibility as delegated by the Principal of the school.
• Copy and sends family envelop material
• Gathers and collates information, types copy and prepares school bulletin for printing.
• Records tardies, send letter and collect money and gives receipts for all incoming money
• Records tardies, collects money for student activities lunch, sports, field trips etc
• Checks and update media, voicemail, and SchoolSpeak. Uses SchoolSpeak to send text blast and email to parents.
• Schedules parent conferences by following procedure (encourage appointment rather than walk-ins)
• Records daily student attendance on SchoolSpeak
• Records tardies, collects money for student activities lunch, sports, field trips etc.
• Keeps heath records current
• Administer basic first aid and care to students in need.
• Yard Supervisor for recess and lunch
• Physical Education Teacher on Wednesdays
• Recess and sub duties when needed
Education and Experience
Any combination of experience and education likely to provide the required knowledge, skills, and abilities, typically:
• High school graduation.
• Prior experience of at least three years as a Secretary and/or secretarial courses.
• Resume and Cover Letter
• 2 letters of recommendation by a prior employer
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
• Routine office procedures and business etiquette.
• Basic computer skills including knowledge of current word processing, spreadsheet and database software.
• Church and School policies and organization.
• Typing at a minimum of 45 wpm.
• Proficient in Microsoft Windows Office: Word, Publisher, and Excel.
• Effective verbal and written communication. For positions requiring bi-lingual skills, the incumbent must also be reasonably fluent in English and Spanish or other language.
• Good verbal and written communication skills in both English and Spanish.
• Maintain professionalism and confidentiality.
• Communicate effectively with students in the school and all members of the school staff •
• Occasionally lift up to 20 pounds.
• Sit for sustained periods of time on a daily basis.
• Perform tasks requiring intermittent bending, stooping, and walking.
• Sustain frequent movement of the fingers, wrists, hands and arms.
Our Lady of the Rosary School (Paramount)
14813 Paramount Blvd.
Paramount, Ca email@example.com