Villanova Preparatory School is a private, co-ed Catholic college preparatory boarding and day school with grades 9-12 located on 130 acres in beautiful Ojai, California. Villanova Preparatory School operates under the ownership of the Western Province of the Order of St. Augustine with an enrollment of 215 students, is an IB World School, and is accredited by the Western Catholic Education Association and the Western Association of Schools and Colleges.
Resident Life Staff are responsible for the daily operations of the student residence halls and work as part of the Resident Life Team in planning, supervising, and evaluating the overall resident life program consistent with the mission, philosophy, goals and policies of Villanova Preparatory School. Resident life staff report to the Director of Residential Life. Resident Life Staff are required to live in the residence hall during the school year.
● To foster a sense of pride and belonging among staff and students who are part of the resident life program.
● To maintain fair and consistent disciplinary standards for all resident students.
● To responsibly manage the stewardship of all resources designated for the use of the resident life program.
● To serve as a role model for resident students and staff in a manner consistent with the mission, philosophy, goals, and policies of Villanova Preparatory School.
● To be able to communicate effectively with parents, guardians, faculty, and staff.
● To be able to manage the demands of a live-in position and balance personal and professional responsibilities.
Duties and Responsibilities
Include but are not limited to:
● Become familiar with the Resident Life Staff protocols and expectations and be able to follow them.
● Become familiar with the “Resident Student Handbook” and all school policies and have the ability to enforce such policies in an evenhanded, fair and consistent manner.
● Be an equal member of the resident life staff in the sharing of office hours, study hall and campus supervision, and transportation needs.
● Help run the resident program operating in a manner consistent with the mission, philosophy, goals, and policies of the school, and provide an opportunity for individual growth of the student members of your hall. Be able to help plan and execute events and activities that help build the spirit and camaraderie in the halls.
● Be available to the students for emotional and spiritual support, rules enforcement, mentoring, tutoring, and emergency situations at all times when “on duty.”
● Maintain confidentiality regarding students’ personal well being, discipline, grades, health, etc..
● Be able to recognize and address signs of student emotional, physical, academic, or social needs and know when these needs need to be brought to the attention of the Director of Residential Life.
● Perform specific assignments as directed by the Director of Resident Life which are deemed important to the resident program and the health, welfare, and safety of the resident students.
Interested applicants should submit a cover letter and resume with at least three references to Dr. Matthew Mallon, Assistant Headmaster at firstname.lastname@example.org
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities and Personal Characteristics
● Ability to demonstrate the Augustinian values of truth, unity, and love.
● Ability to work in a collaborative administrative environment.
● Ability and willingness to live in a high school residential environment.
● Displays excellent interpersonal/human relations skills with a diverse body of constituents.
● Possesses strong written and verbal communication skills.
● Maintains confidentiality in dealings with students, parents and colleagues.
● Displays flexibility and patience in dealing with students, parents, and colleagues.
● Ability to effectively mediate and resolve conflicts.
● Ability and willingness to drive students in school vehicles.
● Holds a Bachelor’s degree.
● Pass a Live Scan Background check and complete VIRTUS training.
Villanova Preparatory School (Ojai)
12096 N Ventura Ave