- Undergraduate degree in Religious Studies/Theology with additional coursework.
- Ability to work collaboratively to promote student learning;
- Experience working with high school students;
- Experience as a classroom teacher;
- Facility with web-based learning and/or digital resources;
- Masters degree in related field of theology and/or or teaching credential or working toward it.
- Experience in a Catholic high school setting.
La Salle College Preparatory is seeking a dynamic educator to teach in the Religious Studies department.
MAJOR AREAS OF RESPONSIBILITY
- Model the characteristics of a Catholic, Lasallian educator;
- Actively support La Salle’s Mission, Philosophy and ESLRs;
- Design and/or implement courses and units that effectively promote department outcomes and adhere to the scope and sequence as determined by the department;
- Plan what students will learn, how they will learn and how they will be assessed within a framework that features common assignments and assessments appropriate to the grade level within the academic discipline;
- Engage students in an active, effective learning environment;
- Collaborate with peers to develop, review and improve curriculum;
- Provide regular, varied and appropriate assessments of student learning to compile appropriate grades and properly determine what and how all students are learning;
- Communicate consistently with students, parents and school personnel;
- Demonstrate a commitment to professional growth, including sharing best practices in pedagogy and educational technology;
- Work with appropriate administrators, the Learning Specialist, and/or counselors to support students that may have special learning needs;
- Keep current and complete grading and attendance records;
- Perfect and supervise students outside of the classroom;
- Actively support the co-curricular programs of the school.
La Salle College Preparatory will offer a competitive salary and benefits. Position begins August 2023.
Founded by the Brothers of the Christian Schools in 1956, La Salle College Preparatory of Pasadena, CA is the only Catholic co-educational high school in the northern San Gabriel Valley. The school curriculum is college preparatory as 99% of the graduates matriculate to higher education. Our current enrollment of 640 students represents a diverse population reflective of our surrounding communities. We offer a full range of co-curricular and athletic opportunities for our student body. For more information, please visit our website at www.lasallehs.org.
Interested candidates should send a cover letter and resume to: email@example.com.
La Salle College Preparatory (Pasadena)
3880 E Sierra Madre Blvd
Pasadena, CA firstname.lastname@example.org