To support the Mortuary location by receiving and directing callers and visitors of the mortuary, cemetery, crematory or a combination of these facilities.
Under the general supervision of the Administration Supervisor, the Receptionist performs a variety of clerical and other tasks. Typical duties include answering phones and/or operating a switchboard, opening and sorting mail, typing and/or word processing, scheduling appointments, gathering information, and maintaining files or records. Incumbents work under direct supervision, receive specific instructions on new or unfamiliar tasks, and have limited exposure to confidential information.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Because all Archdiocesan employees represent the Roman Catholic Church, they are expected to conduct themselves according to the goals and mission of the Church in performing their work.
• Receives incoming telephone calls and assist callers with any questions or comments; direct calls to appropriate team members and resolve calls when possible.
• Greets and receive client families and visitors, maintaining a friendly empathic attitude and offering assistance and guidance as needed.
• Provides information associated with services and products courteously and in a polite manner, with a goal to meet or exceed internal and external customer expectations.
• Provides information associated with Accounts Payable and Accounts Receivable.
• Maintains a comfortable environment, providing beverages and other amenities for the client families as needed.
• Ensures the entrance area of the facility is clean by providing light housekeeping as necessary.
• Maintains daily facility schedule.
• Assists in MeM preparation, including scanning photos and proofreading.
• Other duties may include:
Researches records for genealogy requests.
Processes Petty cash and bank deposit.
Orders markers, granite, and final date scrolls.
Maintains deed and trust files.
Completes Installation Work Orders (IWO).
Performs other duties as assigned.
At all times comply with company policies, procedures and instructions.
• Contribute to improving the business and enhancing the reputation of the company by putting forward new ideas and by implementing change when requested.
Education and Experience
Any combination of education and experience likely to provide the required knowledge, skills, and abilities, typically:
• Active member of a Roman Catholic faith community.
• High School Diploma or GED equivalent required.
• Strong knowledge of Microsoft Office (Outlook, Word, Excel and PowerPoint).
• Strong knowledge of office administrative tasks and office equipment.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
• Bilingual Spanish/English preferred.
• Communicate effectively in written and oral form.
• Develop and maintain effective working relationships.
• Must be able to read and interpret Mortuary and Cemeteries policies, procedures, contracts and customer files such as interment right records.
• Provide excellent customer service skills by responding to common inquiries or complaints from customers, co-workers or members of the business community.
• Effectively present information to patron family members, co-workers and management.
• Ability to follow multiple pending requests through to completion.
• Ability to organize and coordinate projects.
• Calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, proportions and percentages and to apply concepts of basic mathematics.
• Proficiency in data entry and reconciliation techniques.
• Ability to concentrate and complete moderately complex forms.
• Work independently with initiative and little supervision.
• Maintain confidentiality.
• Understanding of Christian Burial in the Catholic Church.
• Interpersonal skills including tact, patience and diplomacy.
• Ability to travel to local sites for meetings.
• Ability to express or exchange information by means of the spoken word.
• Sit for sustained periods of time on a daily basis.
• Perform tasks requiring intermittent bending, stooping, and walking.
• Requires ability to frequently lift or move objects up to 30 pounds.
• Sustain frequent movement of the fingers, wrists, hands, and arms.
Mission Hills Mortuary (Los Angeles)
3424 Wilshire Blvd
Los Angeles, CA email@example.com