St. Brendan seeks a dynamic and experienced Reading and Learning Support Specialist to start the 2021 – 2022 school year. St. Brendan is a diverse, multi-cultural school located in the heart of Koreatown on third and Manhattan. St. Brendan School serves students from kindergarten through 8th grade. Our class size is an average of 33 students. St. Brendan offers a robust curriculum, unparalleled co-curricular experiences, and a dedicated and talented faculty.
Student Instruction and Support
• Work with students as needed in one-on-one, small groups, or class settings to support individual learning needs and/or challenges, including teaching academic skills, executive functioning skills, study skills, and/or test-taking skills.
• Coordinate with the Director of Counseling to interpret and understand psychoeducational testing and other relevant assessments to develop, monitor, and update learning plans (ILPs), medical accommodation plans, progress reports, or other services for students.
• Monitor student progress and initiate progress reports when needed.
Engage and encourage students in the active learning process; help students develop and maintain accountability for their actions related to learning.
Communication, Collaboration, and Consultation
• Provide parents, teachers, administrators, counselors, and/or outside parties with specific information about a student’s learning, academic performance, classroom instruction, and effective instructional techniques.
• Consult with teachers periodically to follow up on identified students and how best to work with students and their parents and brainstorm academic strategies.
• Coordinate with students, parents, and outside professionals to process standardized testing accommodation requests as needed.
• Make referrals and facilitate the process of outside evaluations as appropriate.
Work with outside therapists, medical doctors, educational therapists, and other treatment providers to provide emotional, social, and educational support to students and their families as needed.
• Work with colleagues as needed for student support or transitions.
Participate meaningfully in student support meetings and academy meetings.
Required Qualifications: Master’s Degree in Education
St. Brendan School (Los Angeles)
238 S. Manhattan Place
St. Brendan School
Los Angeles, CA email@example.com