Nativity is a TK-8 Catholic school serving the community in and around Torrance now in its 75th year. Our mission is to provide an environment in which the individual students are challenged to grow in all human dimensions: physically, emotionally, socially, morally, intellectually, spiritually. Our school is a community of faith where Christian values are respected and lived for the well being of the society, the family, and the human life.
We are looking for an individual with quality leadership skills who…
● Is rooted in a well-formed Catholic identity and grounded in a Catholic worldview.
● Imagines, articulates and executes an innovative vision.
● Practices critical reflection, and makes mission-driven and data-informed decisions.
● Seeks innovative options to provide Catholic school education to all interested.
● Demonstrates solid operational vitality for financial management and planning.
● Recruits and motivates faculty to achieve educational excellence.
● Assesses and adjusts, creates, and advances a collaborative culture.
● Prioritizes action items in order to achieve the organizational mission.
● Leads the school community in delivering the highest quality curriculum yielding academic successes and holistic achievements for all students.
● Values, engages, and communicates appropriately and effectively with all stakeholders in supporting programs and opportunities.
● Ensures that students are seen as people whose intellectual growth is harmonized with spiritual, religious, emotional, and social growth.
● Develops, implements, and oversees academic, co-curricular, faith-formation, and service/ministry programs to educate the whole child.
This position will work directly with the Pastor/Administrator.
● Practicing Catholic
● Minimum 5 years of teaching experience OR 3 years working at a non-profit organization in a leadership role
● Earned Master’s Degree OR State Approved Teaching Credential
● Catechetical Certification to be completed by the first two years of leadership
The rate of pay offered to the selected candidate is based on internal pay policy and budget. New hires are commonly paid at the minimum of the wage range or within the lower part of the range. We consider a number of factors when making compensation decisions including, but not limited to, skill sets, experience, training and other department needs.
Nativity Catholic School (Torrance)
1447 Engracia Ave
Torrance, CA firstname.lastname@example.org