St. Mary of the Assumption School has served the Santa Maria Valley since opening in 1938. We are a Preschool- 8 school who seeks to partner with parents to help each child grow spiritually, academically, socially, and physically to reach their full potential. We are seeking a leader who will work in collaboration with the pastor and school staff to serve the families under our care where we ultimately strive to ensure our students are prepared for the future, can work together to solve problems, think creatively, and navigate technology. We all strive to lead and learn in faith daily.
We are currently seeking a school principal who is:
• Faith-filled and Focused: Rooted in a well-formed Catholic identity and grounded in a Catholic worldview, practices critical reflection and makes mission-driven and data-informed decisions.
• B. Hopeful and Entrepreneurial: Imagines, articulates, and executes an innovative vision.
• C. Inspirational: Recruits and motivates faculty, achieves educational excellence through teamwork. This is essential.
• d. Growth Mindset Leader: Assesses and adjusts, creates, and advances a vibrant and collaborative culture of excellence, prioritizing action items to achieve the mission.
• e. Standards Bearer: Leads the school community in delivering the highest quality curriculum yielding academic successes and holistic achievements for all students.
• f. Equity-Minded Educator: Fuels equity of educational opportunity, culturally inclusive practices.
• g. Fiscally Responsible: Demonstrates solid stewardship for short-term financial management and long-term financial planning.
• h. Collaborator: Values, engages, and connects parents, the parish and local community, and other partners in supporting programs and opportunities to maintain and grow the school’s presence and impact.
• Relatable and Trustworthy: Communicates appropriately and effectively with all stakeholders; faculty, staff, students, and parents.
5 years teaching experience, at least 2 of those 5 years in Catholic education is preferred
Earned Master’s degree and/or California Credential (teaching and/or
Preference given to candidates with Catechist certification
Qualified candidates should send a cover letter stating why you are interested in becoming the next leader at St. Mary of the Assumption School and resume (including at least three references) to:
Fr. Thomas Cook
St. Mary of the Assumption at
APPLICATION DEADLINE: Open until the position is filled. The selected candidate must pass an employment background check and all required trainings and certifications.
St. Mary of the Assumption School (Santa Maria)
424 E. Cypress St.
Santa Maria, CA firstname.lastname@example.org