St. John Fisher School and Parish have served the Rancho Palos Verdes community for over 60 years. We are a Transitional Kindergarten through Grade 8 school whose mission is to provide a faith-filled and caring environment in which our professional skills, personal talents and the example of our lives will enable our students to grow in the following ways: spiritually, intellectually, socially, psychologically, physically, technologically, ecologically, and culturally. Within this environment, our mission will be to encourage the students to become confident, committed, self-disciplined, life-long developing Christians whose responsible participation in society will reflect their reverence for all life.
Since the school is an integral part of the parish, the Principal will work collaboratively with the Pastor and Pastoral Staff.
Catholic School Principals must seek to fulfill priorities in the following areas of the National Standards and Benchmarks for Effective Catholic Elementary and Secondary Schools (NSBECS):
● Rooted in a well-formed Catholic identity and grounded in a Catholic worldview.
● Seeks innovative options to provide Catholic school education to all interested.
● Practices critical reflection and makes mission-driven and data-informed decisions.
● Demonstrates solid financial management and planning.
● Recruits and motivates faculty to achieve educational excellence.
● Collaborates with the parish office of faith formation in areas of sacramental preparation.
● Leads the school community in delivering the highest quality curriculum yielding academic successes and holistic achievements for all students.
● Develops, implements, and oversees academic, co-curricular, faith-formation, and service/ministry programs to educate the whole child.
● Engages and communicates appropriately and effectively with all stakeholders in supporting programs and opportunities.
● Practicing Catholic
● Minimum 5 years of teaching experience. Principal experience strongly desired.
● Earned Master’s Degree OR State Approved Teaching Credential. Education in Administration strongly desired.
● Catechist Certification to be completed within the first two years of leadership
$65,150 – $95,095; Compensation commensurate with level of experience, relevant professional certifications, and/or degrees earned. The Archdiocese of Los Angeles offers health benefits including medical, dental, and vision and all employees are enrolled in pension benefits from the time of employment and considered vested after five years of full-time employment.
Qualified candidates should send a cover letter stating why you are interested in becoming the next leader of St. John Fisher School and resume (including at least three references). The selected candidate must pass an employment background check and all required trainings and certifications.
The rate of pay offered to the selected candidate is based on internal pay policy and budget. New hires are commonly paid at the minimum of the wage range or within the lower part of the range. We consider a number of factors when making compensation decisions including, but not limited to, skill sets, experience, training and other department needs.
St. John Fisher Parish School (Rancho Palos Verdes)
5448 Crest Road
Rancho Palos Verdes, CA firstname.lastname@example.org