To develop in each pupil an understanding of the relationship of good body function and exercise; to motivate each pupil to cultivate physical fitness, hygienic habits, and good social and emotional adjustment; to discover and develop talents of pupils in physical achievement; to develop strength, skill, agility, poise, and coordination in individual, dual, and team physical activities and sports, in accordance with each pupil’s ability.
- Teaches knowledge and skills in physical fitness, health education, and individual, dual, or team sports
- Instructs pupils in citizenship and basic subject matter specified in state law and administrative regulations and procedures of the school
- Works cooperatively with other teachers in planning a balanced physical education program.
- Analyzes, demonstrates, and explains basic skills and strategies of formal sports and fundamentals of body movement
- Provides individualized and small group instruction in order to adapt the curriculum to the needs of each pupil, to the extent feasible.
- Provides appropriate safety instruction and emergency procedures
- Establishes and maintains standards of pupil behavior needed to provide an orderly, productive environment in the physical education areas.
- Evaluates each pupil’s growth in physical skills, knowledge, and contribution in team sports.
- Communicates with parents, teachers, and administrators on pupil progress.
- Identifies pupil needs and cooperates with other professional staff members in helping pupils solve health, attitude, and learning problems.
- Performs other duties from time to time be assigned by the supervisor.
Reports To: Building Principal
- Have passion for working with children
- Well-organized, highly energetic, and deeply caring
- Communicates clearly and effectively in spoken and written word
- Bachelor’s degree preferred
- At least 2 years experience in teaching
- Credential in Physical Education preferred
If you are interested in the position, please email your resume and cover letter to Karisa Avalos at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Saint Sebastian School (Los Angeles)
1430 Federal Ave
Los Angeles, CA email@example.com