La Salle College Preparatory is seeking a dynamic educator to teach 3 sections of dance.
MAJOR AREAS OF RESPONSIBILITY
● Model the characteristics of a Catholic, Lasallian educator;
● Actively support La Salle’s Mission, Philosophy and ISOs;
● Design and/or implement courses and units that effectively promote department
outcomes and adhere to the scope and sequence as determined by the department;
● Plan what students will learn, how they will learn, and how they will be assessed
within a framework that features common assignments and assessments
appropriate to the grade level within the academic discipline;
● Engage students in an active, effective learning environment;
● Collaborate with peers to develop, review and improve curriculum;
● Provide regular and varied assessments of student learning to compile appropriate
grades and properly determine what and how all students are learning;
● Communicate consistently with students, parents and school personnel;
● Demonstrate a commitment to professional growth, including sharing best practices
in pedagogy and educational technology;
● Work with appropriate administrators, the Learning Specialist, and/or counselors to
support students that may have special learning needs;
● Keep current and complete grading and attendance records;
● Prefect and supervise students outside of the classroom;
● Actively support the co-curricular programs of the school.
La Salle College Preparatory will offer a competitive salary. Position begins August 1, 2021.
La Salle is an independent co-educational Catholic school serving students in grades 9-12
located in Pasadena, California. The school collaborates with the families it serves to
provide a challenging, Catholic education for young men and women in the philosophy and
traditions of the De La Salle Christian Brothers. This tradition, grounded in the values of St.
John Baptist de La Salle, educates the whole person while emphasizing family spirit in a
nurturing, caring environment, attentive to the moral, spiritual and religious development of
For more information, please visit our website at www.lasallehs.org.
Interested candidates should send a cover letter and resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org
● Undergraduate degree and/or equivalent professional experience;
● Ability to work collaboratively to promote student learning;
● Teaching credential or work towards it.
● Master’s Degree
● Experience working with high school students;
● Experience as a classroom teacher;
● Experience with web-based learning, SmartBoards and 1:1 (e.g.iPads) classroom
● Experience in a Catholic high school setting.
La Salle High School (Pasadena)
3880 East Sierra Madre Boulevard
Pasadena, California email@example.com