Greet and receive parishioners and visitors at the parish office, in a welcoming and friendly manner.
• Courteous, friendly, and professional manner with strong communication and interpersonal skills.
• Performs reception duties including answering and screening telephone calls, takes messages and route calls, greeting and welcoming visitors, uses tact and discretion when listening and answering to parishioners in need of assistance, referring them to the priest and others as appropriate.
• Arranges and coordinates meetings and appointment schedules for the pastor and associate pastor.
• Maintains monthly calendar for Daily and Sunday masses, Baptisms, weddings, Quinceanera’s, funerals, memorial masses, school and church events, masses, and mass intentions. Coordinates with priests regarding their availability and furnishes copy of schedules to priests and deacon concerned.
• Coordinates with and furnishes information to the wedding and quinceanera coordinator regarding initial meeting of couples, families including rehearsals.
• Handles payments for ritual services, mass intentions, other private events and turns over them to the Business manager on the day.
• Enter and maintain logbook records of baptisms, weddings, funerals, confirmations, and other sacraments celebrated anointing regularly.
• Furnishes the Pastor a copy of monthly summary records of sacraments administered (Anointing of the sick, Baptism, Weddings, Funeral masses) including Quinceanera celebrations.
• Arranges and notifies the parish staff on meetings and other important gatherings; takes notes, takes attendance. Records minutes of staff meetings and furnishes the pastor a copy of it.
• Maintains parish website; updates parish Facebook account; prepares weekly announcements (in Spanish and English)
• Uses computer to type from handwritten material or rough draft copy; reviews drafts and finished documents to ensure correct grammar and spelling; may edit for clarity or effectiveness. May take and transcribe dictation.
• Print or make copies of Sacramental certificates.
• Acts as information source on parish policies and procedures, requirements, handouts, and other paper works; assists parents, marriage applicants in filling up forms.
• Performs research duties to obtain information; collates, organizes, and summarizes data for review and action by others.
• Assists the Live stream coordinator in the broadcasting of Daily masses and special parish liturgical events in the church.
• Performs related duties as required.
• Actively supports philosophy and goals of the Church; participates in Church activities including attending services; assists with ministries and other activities.
Bilingual – strong written and verbal communication skills in both English and Spanish languages including correct grammar, spelling and clarity.
• Two years of experience as office secretary.
• Courteous, friendly, and professional manner with strong communication and interpersonal skills
• Demonstrates confidentiality, tact, patience, and diplomacy with ability to handle sensitive calls and situations and refer them appropriately
proficient with Microsoft Office & Google Workspace Apps, Excel, Power Point, Publisher, Design flyers for events
• Knowledge of Catholic faith, rituals, and traditions
The rate of pay offered to the selected candidate is based on internal pay policy and budget. New hires are commonly paid at the minimum of the wage range or within the lower part of the range. We consider a number of factors when making compensation decisions including, but not limited to, skill sets, experience, training and other department needs.
St. Linus Catholic Church (Norwalk)
13915 Shoemaker Ave
Norwalk, CA email@example.com