Responsible for specific administrative functions of the parish including finance, facilities, minimal human resources, and minimal communication technology.
- Participates in development of the annual budget, ensures expenditures comply with approved budget.
- Oversees maintenance of accurate records concerning all financial transactions, ensures required Church and government reports are filed as necessary.
- Prepares and presents monthly, quarterly and annual financial reports as required, in Spanish when applicable.
- Oversees payroll, ensuring employees are paid in accordance with appropriate laws, and payroll reports are filed as necessary.
- Reviews campus weekly, recommends major repairs, remodeling and construction requiring expenditures in excess of budget; coordinates repair/construction activities to ensure they are done well, on time and within budget.
- Oversees the timely repair and replacement of all parish buildings, equipment, property, landscaping and grounds.
- Establishes and maintains an inventory of equipment and supplies, and arranges for replacement as needed; oversees purchasing of equipment and supplies, ensuring quality consistent with cost and service.
- Maintains vendor relationships and contracts.
Minimal Human Resources
- Oversees new hire requirements, benefits administration and recordkeeping.
- Develops personnel policies and manages compensation, and time-off.
- Supports Pastoral Associate in resolving employee relations problems.
Minimal Communication Technology
- Oversees office technology: computers, printers, servers, phones and software.
Minimum Qualifications – knowledge, skills and abilities:
- Budgets, accounting, facilities management, basic personnel and related laws
- Organization and long range planning
- Project management and or general management skills
- Creative problem solving skills
- Ability to collaborate and work in teams
- Strong oral and written communication with diplomacy and professionalism
- Strong leader who takes initiative and can motivate and inspire staff and others
- At least three years of experience in a professional office management environment, desirable.
- Proficient in QuickBooks Pro 2016 and Proficient in Microsoft Office (Word and Excel)
- Basic bookkeeping principles and procedures
- Ability to translate documents
- A wide-ranging knowledge of contemporary Human Resource practices, policies and procedures
- Working knowledge of parish and archdiocesan procedures and policies
- Maintain confidentiality at all times
- Bilingual proficiency required, Spanish-English
St. Agatha (Los Angeles)
2646 Mansfield Ave
Los Angeles, CA firstname.lastname@example.org