Our Lady of the Assumption School is seeking a dynamic Music teacher and choir director for the 2023-2024 school year. Under the direction of the principal, the teacher will be in charge of planning, delivering, and assessing instructional lessons aligned with the California common core standards-based curriculum as well as the Archdiocese of Los Angeles standards for grades TK-8th.
Flexible Schedule: Approximately 25 hours per week, schedules can be discussed with the principal and teacher.
- Demonstrate strong classroom management skills.
- Creating, engaging and supporting an effective Catholic environment where all students can and will learn, including differentiation and classroom management.
- Demonstrate record of success working with early childhood, primary, and secondary grade students and be a team player with colleagues, grade-level teachers, and staff.
- Direct choir for weekly and monthly Masses.
- Organize Christmas Program, Spring Concert, Choir & other displays of fine art in our school.
- Understand and organize subject matter for student learning.
- Well-organized, highly energetic, and deeply caring.
- Ability to plan and implement a rigorous academic curriculum in line with the Common Core and Archdiocesan standards.
- Willingness to collaborate with parents/families.
- Communicate professionally with staff and administration regularly, especially to share plans, projects and information.
- Other Responsibilities as designated by the principal
Current CA teaching credential and/or Bachelor’s Degree (Desired but not required)
Criminal justice fingerprint clearance, VIRTUS (provided)
Experience: Previous instructional experience preferred but not required
Skills / Knowledge:
• Displays ability to communicate clearly and effectively
• Exhibits knowledge of school operations
The rate of pay offered to the selected candidate is based on internal pay policy and budget. New hires are commonly paid at the minimum of the wage range or within the lower part of the range. We consider a number of factors when making compensation decisions including, but not limited to, skill sets, experience, training and other department needs.
Our Lady of the Assumption School (Ventura)
3169 Telegraph Road
Ventura, CA email@example.com