St. Thomas Aquinas Catholic School provides academic excellence in a Catholic setting in order to prepare students to serve as faith-filled disciples in our global community. We are located in Monterey Park, California and are seeking a full-time Middle School Math teacher. Importantly, this position demands an educator who is skilled in differentiation, can clearly articulate and hold high expectations for all, and whose classroom management provides a safe and structured environment for the learning of the whole child.
● Demonstrate record of success working with students in Math
● Plan collaboratively with colleagues
● Be well-organized, highly energetic, and deeply caring
● Plan and implement a rigorous academic curriculum in line with the Common Core and Archdiocesan standards
All teachers are expected to:
● Have a bachelor’s degree from an accredited university
● Submit weekly lesson plans
● Assess, document, and analyze student progress
● Actively participate and collaborate in weekly planning meetings
● Communicate with parents through formal conferences and informal communications
● Share school yard supervision
● Be eager to learn and desire coaching
● Attend and assist with all school events, including evening and weekend events
The most competitive candidates will possess:
● Experience teaching
● Poses a CA teaching credential, or is in the process of obtaining
● Basic catechist certificate
How to apply:
Send a cover letter and resume to Stefanie Lutero at firstname.lastname@example.org.
The rate of pay offered to the selected candidate is based on internal pay policy and budget. New hires are commonly paid at the minimum of the wage range or within the lower part of the range. We consider a number of factors when making compensation decisions including, but not limited to, skill sets, experience, training and other department needs.
St. Thomas Aquinas School (Monterey Park)
1501 S. Atlantic Blvd.
Monterey Park, CA email@example.com