St. Julie Billiart Church is looking for an experienced, high energy facilities maintenance person to perform a variety of general cleaning and maintenance jobs/projects at the church, parish office, hall and rectory. The right candidate will be experienced in a variety of areas including general maintenance and cleaning, plumbing, electrical, carpentry, and masonry. Position is approximately 25 hours per week and reports the Business Manager.
Duties include but are not limited to the following:
- Maintaining a clean and safe church environment by performing daily weekly duties to ensure the church/parish office and grounds are in good condition.
- Perform general maintenance and repairs as needed.
- Clean church, rooms, hallways, kitchen, restrooms, and offices as needed.
- Remove trash and debris as needed.
- Landscaping as needed.
- Suggest repairs when identified and reports major repairs needed.
- Bid out projects as needed.
- Setting up and taking down items needed for funerals, weddings, and other events held at the church.
- High School diploma or equivalent
- Must have basic working knowledge of plumbing, painting, electrical, HVAC and other general repair skills.
- Must be flexible in hours and days worked.
- Communicates well with staff and public.
- Independent worker that can identify areas needing repairs and communicates to staff.
- Ability work under pressure.
- Problem solver with positive attitude and attention to detail.
- Ability to direct and communicate clearly to vendors.
- Highly observant and security conscious.
The rate of pay offered to the selected candidate is based on internal pay policy and budget. New hires are commonly paid at the minimum of the wage range or within the lower part of the range. We consider a number of factors when making compensation decisions including, but not limited to, skill sets, experience, training and other department needs.
St. Julie Billiart Church (Newbury Park)
2475 Borchard Rd.
Newbury Park, CA email@example.com