Chaminade College Preparatory is seeking a MAINTENANCE TECHNICIAN to join Chaminade’s Facilities team.
The Maintenance Technician is responsible for performing diversified duties to install, troubleshoot, repair and maintain facility equipment according to safety, predictive and preventive maintenance systems and processes. The Maintenance Technician supports Chaminade’s mission to Love, Learn, and Lead through supporting the maintenance, repair, and event set-up needs of the school.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
1. Provides emergency/unscheduled repairs of facility related equipment and systems.
2. Performs simple machinist duties and responsibilities.
3. Performs troubleshooting and repair on mechanical, electrical, pneumatic, hydraulic, plumbing, and roofing equipment and systems.
4. Reads and interprets equipment manuals and work orders to perform required maintenance and service.
5. Diagnoses problems, replace or repair parts, test and make adjustments.
6. Performs regular preventive maintenance on machines, equipment and plant facilities.
7. Performs a variety of plumbing, painting and carpentry functions.
8. Uses a variety of hand and power tools, electric meters and material handling equipment in performing duties.
9. Detects faulty operations, defective material and report those and any unusual situations to proper supervision.
10. Complies with safety regulations and maintains clean and orderly work areas.
11. Can complete most projects with minimal supervision.
12. Moves furniture as required.
13. Assists in event setups as required.
14. Performs other duties as assigned.
Deadline for Submission of Applications
Applications are being accepted immediately. This position is open until filled.
Salary and Benefits
This is a non-exempt (hourly) position. The salary for this position will be commensurate with experience. Chaminade employees enjoy a competitive employee benefits program including medical, dental and vision coverages, life insurance, long-term disability insurance, flexible spending accounts, retirement plan contribution, and voluntary supplemental life insurance and long-term care coverages.
Interested applicants may apply online through our employment webpage at: www.chaminade.org/employment.
Applicants will be asked to upload a resume and cover letter.
Any applicant who needs help or needs an accommodation in order to apply for any position should contact the human resources office at (818) 366-9284.
Chaminade is an independent co-educational Catholic school serving students in grades 6-12 at our two beautiful campuses located in the San Fernando Valley area of Los Angeles. One of the best things about Chaminade is our strong sense of family. We work together, play together, and pray together. We are a family, a community committed to the success and well-being of each and every student.
We inspire young people to love, learn, and lead through our Catholic and Marianist traditions of a living faith, academic excellence, and moral responsibility.
Chaminade College Preparatory graduates are prepared, inspired, and equipped to:
• Share God’s love by caring for others and seeking justice and peace.
• Learn, adapt, and grow with the world around them.
• Become servant leaders and positive contributors to society.
The Characteristics of Marianist Education
Chaminade’s mission and culture are deeply rooted in the five Characteristics of Marianist Education which are:
• Educating for Formation in Faith
• Providing an Integral Quality Education
• Educating in Family Spirit
• Educating for Service, Justice, and Peace and the Integrity of Creation
• Educating for Adaptation and Change
Chaminade’s Commitment to Diversity
Chaminade College Preparatory is committed to the principles of diversity, equity, and inclusion and the value that a rich and diverse community brings to our school. Our employee culture is deeply rooted in our Catholic faith and the five Characteristics of Marianist Education. Our Catholic Marianist tradition is lived on our campuses every day, and is evident in our Chaminade Family Spirit where each of our faculty and staff is valued for their unique and varied gifts and talents. Chaminade’s faculty, staff, and administration come from all faiths, ethnicities, races, genders, and socioeconomic backgrounds and we are stronger for it.
For more information about Chaminade, visit our website at: www.chaminade.org
Equal Employment Opportunity
Chaminade College Preparatory is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants for employment are considered without regard to race, color, national origin or ancestry, gender, age, marital status, physical or mental disability, or genetic information, or other basis protected by law for employment in a Catholic school. Applicants who need an accommodation in order to participate in the recruitment and hiring process should contact the human resources department in order to discuss reasonable accommodation.
• Ability to actively support Chaminade’s mission to Love, Learn, and Lead and work within the framework of Chaminade’s Characteristics of Marianist Education.
• Four (4) years of experience in building maintenance trades.
• Knowledge and thorough understanding of building maintenance including knowledge of trade disciplines (i.e. carpentry, electrical, HVAC, etc.)
• Knows and demonstrates techniques of using maintenance tools and equipment.
• Valid California driver’s license
Chaminade College Preparatory (Chatsworth)
10210 Oakdale Ave
Chatsworth, CA email@example.com