Performs various routine custodial and maintenance activities to ensure a clean and fully functioning facility.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Because all Archdiocesan employees represent the Roman Catholic Church, they are expected to conduct themselves according to the goals and mission of the Church in performing their work.
The following tasks are considered essential functions of the position. To perform the job successfully an employee must possess the abilities and aptitude to perform each duty proficiently.
1) Maintains premises, restrooms, and working areas of offices, hall and church buildings in clean and orderly condition ensuring that all equipment/lighting/plumbing is adequately working.
2) Set-up rooms in various arrangements of chairs, tables and other equipment; take down and store tables and chairs as appropriate.
i) Opens and secures both driveway gates as appropriate.
ii) Check for doors left unlocked, correct and log instances.
iii) Ensure that all public areas are clean, neat, accessible, and functioning.
iv) Check all rooms ensuring that all tables and chairs are setup as directed for each room. Ensure all TV/DVDs are in appropriate rooms.
v) Ensure all restrooms are supplied with soap, paper towels, toilet tissue, etc.
vi) Ensure kitchen is supplied with soap, paper towels, etc.
vii) Inspects property/facility for safety hazards.
viii) Complete kitchen inspection report. Notify Director of Operations of any deficiencies.
b) Weekly (or more often as needed)
i) Wash down the patio area and ensure all food items have been removed.
ii) Clean whiteboards in classrooms
iii) Clean stairway to Religious Education area.
iv) Clean stairway to Liturgy Center area.
v) Clean windows and doors as needed or requested.
vi) Vacuum Gift Shoppe store room
vii) Vacuum Gift Shoppe
viii) Clean baptism font
ix) Remove empty boxes and debris from meeting and Usher Rooms.
i) As needed, wash down all outside cement walkways with pressure washer.
ii) Clean kitchen stove vents.
iii) Clean trash can and lids in Slattery Hall
iv) Clean Ice Machine. Ensure buckets, bags, gloves, scooper are supplied and clean. Record activity on maintenance log.
v) Perform elevator emergency test.
3) Inspect roof gutters and drains quarterly. Report required maintenance or cleaning to Director of Operations.
4) Clean out grease trap semi-annually.
5) Clean out all storm drains semi-annually and record on City of Santa Clarita Public Works Department Standard Urban Storm Water Mitigation Plan Permit Maintenance Log Report.
6) Provide adequate maintenance of pest intrusion, removal of spider webs and ants.
7) Clean rectory residences as directed.
8) Unlocks and locks up facility as directed.
9) Performs routine repairs and maintenance including:
a) Minor electrical such as changing light bulbs, repairing switches and light fixtures, p.a. system, garbage disposal, etc.
b) General mechanical repairs such as doors, locks, mini blinds, heaters, ice machine and meeting rooms furniture.
c) Painting and/or staining (small projects only).
d) Change timers for outside lights and daylight-saving time.
e) Cleans water traps.
10) Maintain irrigation valves and sprinklers in working condition, repairing water leaks in a timely manner.
11) Inventory supplies and equipment; provide list to replenish needed supplies and equipment to the Parish Office staff for purchase.
12) Minor trimming of trees as needed.
13) Communicate major tree trimming needs to the Director of Operations.
14) Communicate landscape needs to the Director of Operations.
15) During rains, pump out water from parking lot electrical vault (2). Put out caution signs and umbrella holders in church and parish office.
16) Actively supports philosophy and goals of the Church; participates in staff meetings, and Church activities, including attending services; assists with ministries and other activities
17) Performs related duties as required.
Education and Experience
The Maintenance Custodian employee should have at minimum, a high school diploma or general education diploma (GED), and five years working experience as a custodian or maintenance technician in a commercial or industrial environment.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
• Cleaning procedures and use of related equipment and chemicals
• Routine plumbing, mechanical and electrical repair procedures.
• Work flexible shifts including nights and weekends
• Honor and maintain confidentiality
• Frequently lift up to 50 pounds
• Frequently move tables and chairs
• Frequently perform tasks requiring climbing, crouching, kneeling, stooping and bending.
• Stand and walk for a sustained period of time.
• Drive an automobile and must possess a California driver’s license (Class 3).
The Maintenance Custodian employee should have knowledge of and experience with cultural diversity of the parish. Possess a willingness to learn about the diversity found in all parish groups and the ability to work collaboratively and harmoniously with all.
Satisfactorily complete fingerprinting, DOJ background check and VIRTUS training to satisfy the requirements of the Archdiocesan “Safeguard the Children” program ensuring that all members of the Parish Staff and ministries are Virtus trained.
Saint Kateri Tekakwitha Catholic Church (Santa Clarita)
22508 Copper Hill Drive
Santa Clarita, CA firstname.lastname@example.org