Performs various routine custodial and maintenance activities to ensure a clean and fully functioning school and campus facility.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Because all Archdiocesan employees represent the Roman Catholic Church, they are expected to conduct themselves according to the goals and mission of the Church in performing their work.
The following tasks are considered essential functions of the position. To perform the job successfully an employee must possess the abilities and aptitude to perform each duty proficiently.
Maintains premises, restrooms, and working areas of school building, school offices and hall, in clean and orderly condition ensuring that all equipment/lighting/plumbing is adequately working.
Sets-up rooms in various arrangements of chairs, tables and other equipment
Take down and store tables and chairs as appropriate.
• Assists in traffic control on campus
• Opens and secures both driveway gates as appropriate
• Check for doors left unlocked, correct and log instances
• Ensure that all public areas are clean, neat, accessible, and functioning
• Check all rooms for proper setup as directed for each room
• Ensure all equipment is in appropriate rooms
• Ensure all restrooms are supplied with soap, paper towels, toilet tissue, etc.
• Ensure student break/lunch area is clean and sanitary for meal service
• Inspects property/facility for safety hazards
• Notify school office of any deficiencies
Weekly (or more often as needed)
• Record activity on maintenance log
• Wash down the patio area and ensure all food items have been removed
• Clean whiteboards in classrooms
• Clean all school building stairways
• Clean windows and doors as needed or requested
• Remove empty boxes and debris from rooms
• Maintain/wash down all outside cement walkways
• Clean trash can and lids
• Clean out all storm drains semi-annually
• Provide adequate maintenance of pest intrusion, removal of spider webs and ants
• Unlocks and locks up facility as directed
• Performs routine repairs and maintenance including minor electrical such as changing light bulbs, repairing switches and light fixtures, p.a. system, garbage disposal, etc.
• General mechanical repairs such as doors, locks, mini blinds, heaters, ice machine and meeting rooms furniture
• Painting and/or staining (small projects only)
• Change timers for outside lights and daylight-saving time
• Inventory supplies and equipment
• Provide list to replenish needed supplies and equipment to office staff for purchase
• Minor trimming of trees as needed
• Communicate major tree trimming needs to school office
• Communicate major landscape needs to school office
• During rains pump out water
• Put out caution signs and umbrella holders
• Actively supports philosophy and goals of the Church
• Participates in staff meetings/school masses/church activities
• Performs related duties as required
• Records activity on maintenance log
Education and Experience:
• High school diploma or general education diploma (GED)
• Five years working experience as a custodian or maintenance technician in a commercial or industrial environment
• Cleaning procedures and use of related equipment and chemicals
• Routine plumbing, mechanical and electrical repair procedure
• Safety requirements
• Work flexible shifts including nights and weekends
• Honor and maintain confidentiality
• Frequently lift up to 50 pounds
• Frequently move tables and chairs
• Frequently perform tasks requiring climbing, crouching, kneeling, stooping, bending
• Stand and walk for a sustained period of time.
• Drive an automobile and must possess a California driver’s license (Class 3).
• Experience with culturally diverse school or community
• Willingness to learn about the student diversity
• Ability to work collaboratively and harmoniously with all.
• Satisfactorily complete fingerprinting
• DOJ background check
• VIRTUS training (available through the school)
• Willing to learn about Cal/OSHA requirements
• Adhere to job safety precautions/job safety requirements
Contact the school at (310) 838-3144 or email Dr. Nguyen firstname.lastname@example.org
St. Augustine School (Culver City)
3819 Clarington Avenue
Culver City, California email@example.com