The Main Office Assistant is a part-time, non-exempt, classified staff position (paid hourly) that reports to the Principals Administrative Assistant. This is an eleven-month position that begins on roughly August 1st and ends June 30th each year, with the month of July off. The work hours are 7:00 a.m. to 12:30 p.m. On occasion, this position will require some extended hours, nights, and/or weekend attendance for events like August faculty meetings, faculty/staff events, new student orientation, Baccalaureate Mass, Commencement, etc.
The Main Office Assistant is responsible for greeting, guiding, and supporting all who come into the Main Office including parents, teachers, staff, administrators, students and visitors. The assistant also provides administrative support to the Principal and Vice Principals as directed by the Principals Administrative Assistant.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
Arranges for substitute teachers to cover classes when teachers are absent.
– Receives same-day substitution requests from faculty via email, voicemail, or text messages. – Must be available to receive faculty text messages starting at 7:00 a.m.
– Schedules substitute teachers (contact inside faculty or outside approved substitutes).
– Schedule and arrange substitutes for all planned absences (retreat, professional growth, athletic competitions etc.).
– Procures all necessary assignments and information for the absent teachers including but not limited to: lesson plans, class rosters, special instructions, etc.
– Submits hours for compensation to the business office on behalf of outside substitutes on a hard copy timesheet.
– Answers phone calls directed to the Main Office extension through the automated office phone system.
– Greets visitors, parents, students, and guests.
– Processes postage on any outgoing mail, opens mail and distributes to staff/faculty (main office and faculty mail/copier room).
– Receives UPS, Federal Express, etc. boxes; notifies recipients, and coordinates delivery and/or pick up.
– Processes Work Permits for students (regular and entertainment).
– Maintains records for field trips and field trip permission slips, files them when complete.
– Supports other departments as directed by the Principals Administrative Assistant.
– Provides administrative support as directed by the Principals Administrative Assistant.
— Assists with projects (events, meals, etc.) as directed by the Principals Administrative Assistant.
The Main Office Assistant must possess strong social skills, a welcoming demeanor, and the ability to multitask in a fast-paced environment. This is the first point of contact for students, parents, alumni, and visitors to the school.
– Must be proficient in technology (Microsoft Office; Word, Excel, Google Drive Documents and Sheets), school information systems Blackbaud, Canvas and Education Edge, office/copy machine operations, etc.
– Microsoft Publisher experience is helpful.
– Must maintain strict confidentiality and trust in handling sensitive student/parent matters, administrative concerns, and personnel issues.
– Position requires a valid CA drivers license and current auto insurance as regular off-campus travel occurs to pick up food event orders, supplies, etc.
– Physical ability to carry or move boxes, deliveries, etc. of up to 25 pounds.
– Weekend and evening hours are periodically required for student/parent events.
– Must pass an employment background and all required training and certifications.
– Bilingual preferred but not required
Apply using the following link.
Notre Dame High School – Los Angeles (Sherman Oaks)
13645 Riverside Drive
Sherman Oaks, CA email@example.com