The St. Agnes School FAMILY is looking for a long term substitute for the duration of our kindergarten teacher’s medical leave. Our focus at St. Agnes School is on sharing our FAITH, preparing our students for the FUTURE, and making time to have FUN! If you have a love for children, the required qualifications, and the desire to create the best learning environment possible for our students, apply today!
Our ideal candidate will be motivated, enthusiastic and team oriented. S/he will respond to students reasonably and with loving kindness, supplement materials to improve curriculum, use data to improve instruction, demonstrate flexibility with planning, and communicate effectively with parents/guardians proactively and on a regular basis.
Planning for the 2020-21 school year has been challenging, and our teachers adapt to provide quality educational experiences whether via distance learning, utilizing a hybrid/HyFlex model, and eventually in-person instruction.
This position’s start time is August 3rd, and continues through the end of the calendar year, with the possibility of extending into 2021.
Are you called to help us fulfill our mission, dedicated to the spiritual, intellectual, psychological and social development of the whole child?
REQUIRED CANDIDATE QUALIFICATIONS:
• California state teacher certification or other state certification equivalent.
• Bachelor’s Degree from four-year college or university required.
• Ability to effectively communicate with parents/guardians on a regular basis.
• Technologically proficient (experience with iPads, Zoom, Google Classroom, and distance learning preferred)
• Previous teaching experience preferred, with demonstrated experience creating lesson plans
• Experience with Core Instructional Practices preferred
• Knowledge of California Content Standards and Archdiocese of L.A. religion standards
• Practicing Catholic in good standing in the Church
• Other requirements as designated by the Archdiocese of Los Angeles and St. Agnes Church
St. Agnes School (Los Angeles)
1428 W. Adams Blvd.
Los Angeles, CA firstname.lastname@example.org