St. Catherine Labouré School, a Catholic (Preschool-Grade 8) elementary school located in Torrance, is seeking an energetic, passionate and knowledgeable Kindergarten teacher. This position requires that the candidate be a practicing Catholic, in good standing with the Catholic Church. The ideal candidate is well-versed in Common Core State Standards; a highly qualified (credentialed) teacher; and a collaborative teammate and colleague. Being able to integrate technology into daily instruction is a must.
We seek a passionate educator who will:
- Design and implement a comprehensive curriculum aligned with Common Core State Standards; differentiating the material as needed.
- Foster a positive, engaging, and safe classroom environment.
- Utilize technology to enhance the students’ learning experiences.
- Engage students in hands-on learning to provide appropriate and interactive learning experiences.
- Track and analyze student progress using a variety of assessment tools and adjust instruction accordingly.
- Communicate regularly and effectively with parents to ensure continuity of learning and a collaborative professional culture.
- Work collaboratively with administration, colleagues, parents and students.
- Be active in the Catholic Church and in good standing with the church’s moral teaching.
- Continually seek growth opportunities that allow innovation to improve student learning.
- Contribute to building community at St. Catherine Labouré School through active participation.
- Must be a practicing Catholic in good standing with the Catholic Church.
- Minimum of 3 years teaching preferred.
- Possess a Bachelor’s degree from an accredited university; Master’s Degree preferred.
- Possess a CA teaching credential (Multiple Subject).
- Experience with differentiation and intervention.
- Strong communication, collaboration, and organizational skills.
- Have a growth mindset; be a life-long learner; be willing to plan and collaborate with teammates.
- Must be able to use and integrate technology in daily lessons.
- Possess a Basic Catechetical Certification or be willing to achieve certification within three years of hire.
The rate of pay offered to the selected candidate is based on internal pay policy and budget. New hires are commonly paid at the minimum of the wage range or within the lower part of the range. We consider a number of factors when making compensation decisions including, but not limited to, skill sets, experience, training and other department needs.
St. Catherine Laboure School (Torrance)
3846 Redondo Beach Blvd.
Torrance, CA firstname.lastname@example.org