St. Mark School is seeking a full-time, experienced teacher for Kindergarten. Under direction of the principal, this candidate will team teach the Kindergarten curriculum with another instructor. Instruction of core subjects are led by both teachers and support is provided by specialists who teach Music, P.E., Art, and Spanish language. A mindfulness expert, science specialist and school psychologist support the homeroom teachers across grades.
St. Mark School is seeking a candidate with a growth mindset who (preferably) has experience with Readers/Writers Workshop, C.G.I. (Cognitive Guided Instruction) for Mathematics, and Responsive Classroom. The faculty at St. Mark is very collaborative and team focused. Instructors who are innovative, creative and focused on supporting students in meeting their educational goals will fit in well in this Catholic school setting.
– Collaborate with co-teacher to prepare daily lesson plans aligned with standards and focused on supporting students in meeting their educational goals with measurable objectives, procedures, and assessments.
– Integrate the use of technology into curriculum using resources made available by the school.
– Maintain a safe, joyful, and engaging classroom community through the Responsive Classroom approach.
– Establish and maintain cooperative relationships with students, parents, staff, and community members.
– Participate in and contribute to the life of St. Mark School outside the classroom.
– Attend faculty and department meetings and perform supervision and additional duties as needed.
– Bachelor’s Degree
– Teaching Credential or enrollment in a credential program
– Please submit a cover letter, resume, and two references to:
Theresa Harrington (email@example.com)
– Practicing Catholic
– Experience with Readers/Writers Workshop, C.G.I. (Cognitive Guided Instruction) for Mathematics, and Responsive Classroom.
– Master’s Degree or enrollment in a Master’s program
St. Mark Elementary School (Venice)
912 Coeur d’Alene Avenue
Venice, CA firstname.lastname@example.org