Maria Regina School in Gardena, California, is seeking a vibrant, experienced full-time 6th, 7th, and 8th grade Language Arts Teacher for the 2021-2022 school year. Our teachers plan and implement lessons of core subjects along with providing faith-based education and programs approved by the Catholic Church.
Information/Application Contact: Please submit a cover letter, resume, and two references to firstname.lastname@example.org
• Reflect the Catholic school philosophy in words, actions, and appearance
• Participate in ongoing faith formation.
• Integrate the Catholic faith into other subject matter
• Implement and teach to the Common Core State Standards in Language Arts.
• Develop students’ oral and written language, drawing on literature from many genres.
• Promote whole-class, shared reading, novel-based instruction, and independent reading to solidify literary and vocabulary instruction.
• Facilitate the teaching of language mechanics and grammar in the context of the narrative and expository writing assignments.
• Prepare, with a growth mindset, daily lesson plans with measurable objectives, procedures, and assessment.
• Design a classroom conducive to the needs of all leaners.
• Create a joyful, supportive and engaging classroom environment in which students can learn and interact positively with one another through student-centered instruction, collaboration, and authentic assessment.
• Integrate technology throughout the curriculum.
• Carry out classroom discipline plan in a manner that is consistent and fair, while reinforcing positive behavior.
• Reference STAR Data or other Data to improve instruction.
• Speak, act, and instruct the students in a manner consistent with the teachings of the Church in all matters.
• Maintain required school records: grade book, attendance and submit all other required documents on time.
• Maintain an open and cooperative relationship with students, colleagues, and parents.
• Participate in faculty and departmental meetings and perform various
faculty supervisory duties or additional duties as needed.
The qualified candidate should possess the following:
• A Bachelor’s degree. Major/Minor in English preferred.
• CA Multiple Subjects Teaching Credential
• At least 3 years experience with literature-based integrated instruction without
relying on textbooks.
• Comfort and familiarity with the integration of technology into the classroom.
• Capability to facilitate in-person, hybrid/simultaneous, and social-distance learning.
Maria Regina School (Gardena)
13510 S. Van Ness Avenue
Gardena, CA email@example.com