Junipero Serra High School is a Los Angeles archdiocesan co-educational high school seeking a High School Spanish teacher for the 2023 – 2024 academic school year. Candidates should be team players, able to collaborate easily with colleagues and passionate about teaching and their field of discipline. Strong organizational and class management skills needed as well as the ability to communicate regularly and effectively with all stakeholders including parents, other colleagues, administration and students. The successful candidate must demonstrate up-to-date knowledge of the content area and be able to engage students using a wide variety of teaching strategies, updating Gradebook weekly, developing 21st century skills, and educating the whole child, mind and spirit. Candidate must be highly skilled at planning, organizing, and developing curriculum to reach the needs of all learners. This position includes Spanish I, Spanish II, and Spanish III and its Honors Levels. Candidate will also effectively collaborate with colleagues to integrate the English department goals as well as the school mission.
SUMMARY OF MAJOR DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Provides individual and small group instruction in order to adapt the curriculum to the needs of each student
- Establishes and maintains the cooperation of the school administration standards of student behavior needed to provide an orderly, productive classroom environment
- Creates and maintains a safe and orderly classroom environment in which students can learn and enjoy learning
- Maintains professional competence through participation in service education activities provided by the school and/or self-selected professional growth activities
- Creates effective assessments that track and ensure student learning
- Identifies student needs, and cooperates with other professional staff members in assessing and helping students solve health, attitude and learning problems
- Regularly communicates with parents and school counselors on the individual student’s progress
- Supervises students in out-of-classroom activities during the assigned working day
- Participates in curriculum and other developmental programs within the school, and with specified educational partners
- Using a wide- array of formative and summative assessments
- Weekly Gradebook Update
- Meeting the deadlines and submit all materials not limited to course syllabus, unit plans, finals assessments, and final grades
- Shares in the sponsorship of student activities and participates in faculty committees
- Comfortable teaching in a technology-enhanced learning environment
- Excellent classroom management, communication, and organization skills
- Able to connect with students, parents, and colleagues in a professional way
- Performs other significant duties as may be reasonably assigned
- Preferred knowledge of Google Suite (Google Drive, Google Classroom, etc)
- Prior experience with a LMS such as PowerSchool.
- Education: Bachelor’s degree (required) in Spanish, or similar course of study (Master’s degree preferred)
- Experience: At least two years of experience as a teacher in a comprehensive Catholic high school setting, Knowledge of and advocacy for the mission of Catholic Education. Previous experience in teaching AP Spanish is a plus
- Teaching Credential and/or Masters
- Bilingual and fluent (writing and speaking) in English and Spanish
“$41,494 – $74,717; Compensation commensurate with level of experience, relevant professional certifications, and/or degrees earned.”
- Junipero Serra High School is committed to hiring a diverse and multicultural staff. If interested in this job opening, please submit (1) a resume, (2) a statement of interest and philosophy of education (no more than two pages). All materials should be sent electronically.
- Please email both of the above mentioned documents to Mr. Guzman- Principal (firstname.lastname@example.org) and Mr. Wissa- Vice principal (email@example.com).
The rate of pay offered to the selected candidate is based on internal pay policy and budget. New hires are commonly paid at the minimum of the wage range or within the lower part of the range. We consider a number of factors when making compensation decisions including, but not limited to, skill sets, experience, training and other department needs.
Junipero Serra High School (Gardena)
14830 Van Ness Ave.
Gardena, CA firstname.lastname@example.org