Holy Family High School is a Catholic, all-girls college preparatory school with a spiritual foundation that inspires a young woman to recognize her gifts, discover her voice, and find her purpose.
Holy Family High School seeks candidates for a Science Teacher who can teach all levels of life and physical science to grades 9-12. Life science courses may include Biology, Honors Biology, or AP Biology, or Anatomy/Physiology. Physical science courses may include Chemistry, Honors Chemistry, or AP Chemistry, or Physics or AP Physics. The school has a six (6) period day. Full-time faculty teach five (5) periods. The position is eligible for benefits.
We seek teachers who can align themselves to and successfully deliver the mission of Holy Family High School. Ideal candidates will also have a passion for and commitment to all-girls education. The ideal candidate will also thrive in a high-energy school environment, and is able to provide a high degree of customer service. Responsibilities will include: lesson planning, instruction, grading, supervision, and communication with parents. There may be other duties that are assigned by the Head of School, such as Academic Decathlon coach. The Science Teacher is responsible to the Assistant Head of School for Curriculum and Instruction, and accountable to the Head of School.
1. Bachelor’s Degree in a science field from an accredited college or university recognized by the US Department of Education.
2. Single Subject California Teaching Credential in the Sciences.
3. High School Teaching Experience.
The Ideal Candidate will have:
1. A passion for or commitment to Catholic, all-girls college preparatory education.
2. A vision and drive for developing a high caliber science program.
3. Outstanding customer service skills.
4. Experience teaching both college preparatory and Advanced Placement courses.
5. Master’s degree or higher.
Salary and Benefits:
1. Commensurate with education and experience.
2. This full-time position is eligible for benefits.
Interested Candidates should submit a cover letter and current resume via email to:
Mrs. Kimberly Jones
Assistant Head of School – Curriculum & Instruction
Holy Family High School
Holy Family High School (Glendale)
400 E. Lomita Ave
Glendale, CA firstname.lastname@example.org