Junipero Serra High School is a Los Angeles archdiocesan co-educational high school seeking a High School Science Teacher to teach Integrated Science, Biology and Chemistry for the 2020 – 2021 academic school year. The ideal candidate is a dynamic, passionate, and well-versed educator with experience in diverse classrooms.
SUMMARY OF MAJOR DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Comfortable working in and supportive of faith-based education.
- Teaching Science at the high school level In-person and remotely.
- Provides individual and small group instruction in order to adapt the curriculum to the needs of each student.
- Establishes and maintains the cooperation of the school administration standards of student behavior needed to provide an orderly, productive classroom environment.
- Maintains professional competence through participation in service education activities provided by the school and/or self-selected professional growth activities.
- Identifies student needs, and cooperates with other professional staff members in assessing and helping students solve health, attitude and learning problems.
- Regularly communicates with parents and school counselors on the individual student’s progress.
- Supervises students in out-of-classroom activities during the assigned working day.
- Participates in curriculum and other developmental programs within the school, and with specified educational partners.
- Using a wide- array of formative and summative assessments.
- Weekly Gradebook Update.
- Meeting the deadlines and submit all materials not limited to course syllabus, unit plans, finals assessments, and final grades
- Shares in the sponsorship of student activities and participates in faculty committees.
- Performs other significant duties as may be reasonably assigned.
TO APPLY: Junipero Serra is committed to hiring a diverse and multicultural staff. If interested in this job opening, please submit (1) a resume, (2) a statement of interest and philosophy of education (no more than two pages). All materials should be sent electronically to Nwissa@la-serrahs.org
- Education: Bachelor’s degree (required) in Biology/Chemistry or similar course of study (Master’s degree preferred).
- Experience: At least two years of experience as a teacher in a comprehensive Catholic high school setting, Knowledge of and advocacy for the mission of Catholic Education. Previous experience as a STEM or PLTW is a plus
- Master Degree in Biology/Chemistry
- Credential: General Secondary or Single Subject.
Junipero Serra High School (Gardena )
14830 Van Ness Ave
Gardena , CA firstname.lastname@example.org