Pomona Catholic School is accepting applications from individuals who seek a teaching position in the Science Department for the 2022 – 2023 academic school year. Specific content areas: Chemistry and Physics with an opportunity for sections of middle school science.
Ideal applicants should be open to professional growth and committed to participating in a Catholic education and must demonstrate evidence of effective communication, collaboration, and aptitude with educational technology.
The ideal candidate is a dynamic, passionate, and well-versed educator with experience in diverse classrooms. Candidates should be team players and able to collaborate easily with colleagues. Strong organizational and class management skills needed as well as the ability to communicate regularly and effectively with all stakeholders including parents, other colleagues, and students. The successful candidate must demonstrate up-to-date knowledge of content area and be able to engage students using a wide variety of teaching strategies, updating Gradebook weekly, developing 21st century skills, and educating the whole child, mind and spirit. Candidate must be highly skilled at planning, organizing, and developing curriculum to reach the needs of all learners.
SUMMARY OF MAJOR DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Teaching Science at a college preparatory high school level
2. Provides individual and small group instruction in order to adapt the curriculum to the needs of each student
3. Establishes and maintains the cooperation of the school administration standards of student behavior needed to provide an orderly, productive classroom environment
4. Maintains professional competence through participation in service education activities provided by the school and/or self-selected professional growth activities
5. Identifies student needs, and cooperates with other professional staff members in assessing and helping students solve health, attitude and learning problems
6. Regularly communicates with parents and school counselors on the individual student’s progress
7. Supervises students in out-of-classroom activities during the assigned working day
8. Participates in curriculum and other developmental programs within the school, and with specified educational partners
9. Using a wide- array of formative and summative assessments
10. Performs other significant duties as may be reasonably assigned
Education: Bachelor’s degree (required) in Chemistry/ Physics or similar course of study (Master’s degree preferred)
Experience: At least two years of experience as a teacher in a secondary school setting
Master Degree in Chemistry/ Physics
Credential: General Secondary or Single Subject,
Bilingual speaking, reading, and writing abilities (Spanish)
Pomona Catholic School offers a rewarding, supportive work environment, competitive salary and benefits, and an opportunity to make a positive difference in the lives of the students entrusted to its care. Pay is according to the Archdiocese of Los Angeles pay scale based on education and experience. Pomona Catholic is an EOE. To apply please submit: (1) a resume, (2) a statement of interest and philosophy of education (no more than two pages). All materials should be sent electronically.
To: Vice Principal Allison Essman at email@example.com
Pomona Catholic High School (Pomona)
533 West Holt Avenue
Pomona, CA firstname.lastname@example.org