Junipero Serra High School is Catholic coed high schools in Southern California, is considering applications for an English Teacher for 2023/2024 academic school year: The school believes that students from all faiths and backgrounds deserve an academically challenging and spiritually enriching Catholic college preparatory education that forms them to become generous, responsible citizens and leaders. Candidates should be team players, able to collaborate easily with colleagues and passionate about teaching and their field of discipline. Strong organizational and class management skills needed as well as the ability to communicate regularly and effectively with all stakeholders including parents, other colleagues, administration and students. Must be familiar with Common Core Standards for full-time position for Geometry, Algebra II, Pre-Calculus—College-preparatory and AP Calculus AB and AP Calculus BC.
SUMMARY OF MAJOR DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Instructs Mathematics content and skills using a student-centered approach guided by the Common Core State Standards (CCSS)
- Instructs students in basic communication skills and other general elements of the course of study common to all teachers
- Adapts material and methods to develop relevant sequential assignments that guide and challenge students
- Evaluates each student’s progress in Math skills (listening, speaking, reading and writing) using a wide- array of formative and summative assessments
- Creates effective assessments that track and ensure student learning
- Collaborates with colleagues within the Math Department (as well as colleagues in other academic departments) on curriculum and pedagogy
- Creates and maintains a safe and orderly classroom environment in which students can learn and enjoy learning
- Provides individual and small group instruction in order to adapt the curriculum to the needs of each student
- Establishes and maintains the cooperation of the school administration standards of student behavior needed to provide an orderly, productive classroom environment
- Maintains professional competence through participation in service education activities provided by the school and/or self-selected professional growth activities
- Identifies student needs, and cooperates with other professional staff members in assessing and helping students solve health, attitude and learning problems
- Regularly communicates with parents and school counselors on the individual student’s progress
- Supervises students in out-of-classroom activities during the assigned working day
- Participates in curriculum and other developmental programs within the school, and with specified educational partners
- Performs basic attendance accounting and business services as required
- Shares in the sponsorship of student activities and participates in faculty committees
- Performs other significant duties as may be reasonably assigned
- Preferred knowledge of Google Suite (Google Drive, Google Classroom, etc)
- Prior experience with a LMS such as PowerSchool.
- Education: Bachelor’s Degree required (preferably with a major in Mathematics or a related field)
- Experience: At least two years of experience as a teacher in a comprehensive high school setting and two years of minimum experience in teaching AP Calculus AB and BC
- Teaching Credential and/or Masters is required
- Knowledge of and advocacy for the mission of Catholic Education
“$41,494 – $74,717; Compensation commensurate with level of experience, relevant professional certifications, and/or degrees earned.”
- Junipero Serra High School is committed to hiring a diverse and multicultural staff. If interested in this job opening, please submit (1) a resume, (2) a statement of interest and philosophy of education (no more than two pages). All materials should be sent electronically.
- Please email both of the above mentioned documents to Mr. Guzman- Principal (email@example.com) and Mr. Wissa- Vice principal (firstname.lastname@example.org).
The rate of pay offered to the selected candidate is based on internal pay policy and budget. New hires are commonly paid at the minimum of the wage range or within the lower part of the range. We consider a number of factors when making compensation decisions including, but not limited to, skill sets, experience, training and other department needs.
Junipero Serra High School (Gardena)
14830 Van Ness Ave.
Gardena, CA email@example.com