Junipero Serra High School, a co-ed Archdiocesan Catholic High School in the Archdiocese of Los Angeles has an Information Technology Coordinator position available. The Information Technology Coordinator is responsible for the management, maintenance, and operation of the technology infrastructure, computers, and systems used by Junipero Serra High School to operate the school.
The specific responsibilities are as follows:
- Manage the network and wireless infrastructure and services used by Junipero Serra High School, including the following specific tasks: Analyze options and select the best internet service provider for SJHS based on the cost, SJHS requirements, and familiarity with the supplier; apply for and obtain eRate funding approval for our internet service; install and maintain wireless access points; manage the access points using the software and database.
- Manage the server room, servers used by Junipero Serra High School to store digital files, including backup and recovery, maintenance, upgrades, archival, etc.
- Support departments that use major school systems (PowerSchool, Quickbooks, and others) when there are technical issues or user training issues. Be the liaison to the technical help desks for the systems.
- Supports the front office systems: Digital Marquee, postage system, School Website, school ID system, Public Announcement (PA) system, and video streaming system.
- Support and maintain the computers on campus and WiFi Access Point Management to Administrators, faculty, office staff, and students, including PC’s and Apple desktops, laptops and tablets, gathering rooms, computer labs, and offices. Provide software and OS upgrades, help desk support, and repair services. Monitor usage and compliance.
- Support the leased printers and copiers and help with service calls and issues.
- Supports the Classroom components: computers, interactive projector, document camera and DVD players.
- Coordinate and maintain audio/visual equipment used at the school, provides set-up and support for events as requested by school officials. Assures that equipment is in working order and is repaired for the most cost-effective price.
- Assesses the need for infrastructure upgrades and new information systems.
- Coordinates the purchase of all hardware, software, supplies, repair, or other services related to any computer system on campus.
- Develops, and submits for approval, an annual budget for all operating expenses, equipment maintenance, training, and hardware and software acquisition.
- Manages the Google software for students and teachers, including managed eMail for students, eMail for faculty and Staff, Google Classroom and the entire G-Suite.
13- Manages the Student Information Systems (PowerSchool) for the School
- Works closely with the teachers to assure success in the classroom; make sure that software selected is compatible with existing infrastructure and properly licensed.
- Performs any other duties assigned by the Principal and the Assistant Principal.
Education: Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Business Information Systems, Education Technology, or similar course of study.
At least two years experience working in technology, preferably at a school; teaching experience a plus!
Experience with technology infrastructure and infrastructure software, preferably using Student Information Systems (PowerSchool) and Finance systems (Quickbooks)
Significant experience with Google education software, Apple computers and software tools (iMac, MacBook, iPad). Experience with PCs.
Experience building technology plans and project plans to execute strategies.
Junipero Serra is committed to hiring a diverse and multicultural staff. If interested in this job opening, please submit (1) a resume, (2) a statement of interest (no more than two pages). All materials should be sent electronically to following email addresses.
Junipero Serra High School (Gardena)
14830 Van Ness Ave.