St. Anthony High School provides an affordable Catholic co-educational, college preparatory education to students from diverse cultural and economic backgrounds in the greater Long Beach area. We are committed to academic excellence and the spiritual, social, physical and intellectual development of each student within a safe, caring, faith-based community. Students are prepared to become morally aware, academically capable leaders who are outstanding contributors in a complex technological and global society.
We are seeking a dynamic English Teacher committed to:
– Modeling the faith life and exemplifying the teachings of Jesus Christ and the Church
– Preparing students to enter an increasingly challenging, complex, secular, and technological society with a thorough program which integrates intellectual development and promotes 21st Century Skills mastery
– Uses a student-centered approach guided by the California Common Core Standards for English Language Arts
– Developing an adaptive skill-set that guides, promotes, and is applicable in a remote/distance learning model or hybrid learning model.
– Collaborating with colleagues within the English Department and other departments on curriculum and pedagogy
– Effective communication with students, parents, and faculty to ensure appropriate delivery of student services as it pertains to learning.
– Implementing the Archdiocesan Support Team Educational Program (STEP) for qualifying students
– Supporting and upholding school policies
– Ongoing professional development in the fields of their subject matter and the art of teaching and learning.
– Maintaining professional standards
– Performing other duties as reasonably assigned
Information/Application Contact: Submit a resume and cover letter to Dr. Jose De Vera, Vice Principal.
No phone calls please.
– experience teaching high school English courses
– bachelor’s degree in English
– previous experience teaching Honors level English
– Master’s degree and/or teaching credential
St. Anthony High School (Long Beach)
620 Olive Avenue
Long Beach, CA email@example.com