SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITY: Lead the Faith Formation Team and volunteers within the program.
PRIMARY PURPOSE: Provide leadership to the various ministries and catechetical programs offered to adults and families with children in the parish community and coordinate the operations of the religious education classes, Baptism classes/Masses, Communion, Youth Confirmation, Junior High, High School Youth Ministry, Young Adults, and OCIA.
QUALIFICATIONS & EXPERIENCE:
Skills in administrative organization, supervision, mentoring, teaching, public speaking, budgeting, and visioning. BA in religious studies or related field, Basic or Advanced Master Catechist Certification in the Diocese of Orange or equivalent advanced theological studies
Three years’ experience in coordinating positions of catechetical ministries.
Primary duties and responsibilities include:
- Presence on Sunday and work with Youth Minister to coordinate Sunday events, meetings with leadership teams and meet/greet and recruit from the Sunday Masses.
- Assists the interviewing team with conducting interviews of parents of Youth in Confirmation and First Communion Preparation.
- Coordination of School of Religious Education: grades Preschool-8th grade., Sacrament classes, rehearsals, and Masses.
- Oversees the Children’s Sunday School program “Mary’s Beloved Garden”.
- Reconciliation and First Communion preparation for grades 1-8.
- Recruitment and directing catechists, leaders and other volunteers involved in Faith Formation.
- Inputting and maintenance of liturgical volunteers in the MSP database.
- Directs registration and supervises maintenance of participating individual and family records.
- Assists leadership in the planning and running of Bible Camp.
- Engages with the St Hedwig School families and youth in religious formation.
- Master calendaring of classes, events, and liturgies for programs.
- Projecting and monitoring the yearly budgets for Faith Formation.
- Maintains Safe Environment guidelines for Faith Formation volunteers.
- Manages and maintains Faith Formation program documents for Sacramental preparation programs and completion certificates (Baptisms for parish and school including older children, First Communion, Confirmation, Adult Confirmation, and OCIA).
- Perform general office tasks as necessary.
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS/WORK ENVIRONMENT: Typical Working Conditions: Typical office environment. Equipment Used: Computer, copy machine, telephone console, fax, laminator, cutting board, and other office related equipment. Essential Physical Tasks: Move, load and unload equipment and supplies weighing 15 pounds and heavier. Walk around campus, bend, stoop, squat, and reach.
The rate of pay offered to the selected candidate is based on internal pay policy and budget. New hires are commonly paid at the minimum of the wage range or within the lower part of the range. We consider a number of factors when making compensation decisions including, but not limited to, skill sets, experience, training and other department needs.
Saint Hedwig Church (Los Alamitos)
11482 Los Alamitos Blvd.
Los Alamitos, CA firstname.lastname@example.org