The Facilities Manager is appointed by the Principal to assist in the identification and resolution of plant maintenance problems. The Facilities Manager reports directly and is responsible to the Administrative team for approval of all plant enhancements.
1. Proficiency and knowledge of building maintenance and operations for the areas including and not limited to the installation, operation, maintenance and repair of the lighting, air conditioning, electrical, plumbing, carpentry, masonry, painting, locksmith, and mechanical systems.
2. Knowledge of building management systems for access, safety, and energy efficiency.
3. Sufficient math skills in preparing budgets, estimating materials, measuring distances, and costs.
4. Oral and written skills to prepare correspondence, reports, and specifications.
5. Knowledge of the principles and best practices of maintenance administration including supervision of others, general human resources management, budgeting, purchasing, and project management.
6. Basic knowledge of Archdiocese of Los Angeles Guidelines for working/interacting with children and minors.
7. Well-developed human relations skills to build a service oriented team, convey technical instructions, and work collaboratively with internal customers and external contractors.
8. Three years of related experience.
DESIRED: Strong knowledge of Pomona Catholic School operations and the principles and teachings of the Catholic faith. Language skills in addition to English, preferably Spanish.
Equipment operated: Multi-line telephone, personal computer, fax machine, copier, paper shredder, calculator, paper cutter, and folding machine.
1. Provide the faculty with a process of reporting maintenance concerns.
2. Work with the janitorial staff in maintenance matters or concerns.
3. Provide for the general maintenance of the plant facility, making recommendations for major repairs where needed and handling minor repairs on a priority basis.
4. Responsible for the alarm system, and to devise and disseminate general policies for entering and closing the school securely during non-school hours. This is especially important for all newly hired individuals.
5. Maintain an inventory of all school equipment, keys, walkie-talkies, tools.
6. Maintain all PC vehicles, registration, keys. Assist as needed with the coordination of van use with the Athletic Director.
7. Manage the distribution of the lockers and maintain a record (with the cooperation of homeroom teachers) of all the lockers/combinations for each new school year.
8. Create multiple emergency/evacuation plans for various scenarios both on campus and the surrounding areas. Copies of these plans should be given to administrators at the beginning of each school year and they should be reevaluated regularly for necessary changes.
9. Perform any other duties assigned by the Principal/Administrative team.
10. Must possess strong communication skills, verbal and written. Must be able to use Microsoft Office and Google Suite products such as Forms and Calendar.
11. Work day may extend into weekend and after-school hours. Event set-up and take down.
12. Other duties as assigned.
Licenses and Certificates
Completion of High School/GED
Safeguard the Children certificate
CA Driver’s License
Pomona Catholic School offers a rewarding, supportive work environment, competitive salary and benefits, and an opportunity to make a positive difference in the lives of the students entrusted to its care.
Please send resumes and cover letters to Business Manager, Andres Huerta at email@example.com
Pomona Catholic High School (Pomona)
533 West Holt Avenue
Pomona, CA firstname.lastname@example.org