Villanova Preparatory School is a private, co-ed Catholic college preparatory high school with an enrollment of 210 students. The school is located on 130 acres in beautiful Ojai, California and is operated under the ownership of the Province of St. Augustine in California. The school is an International Baccalaureate World School and is accredited by the Western Catholic Education Association as well as the Western Association of Schools and Colleges.
Villanova Preparatory School is seeking a part-time English teacher beginning in the Fall of the 2020-21 academic year.
MAJOR AREAS OF RESPONSIBILITY:
• Be able to plan effective lessons which engage and challenge students.
• Communicate consistently with students, parents and school personnel.
• Keep current and complete grading and attendance records.
• Commitment to modeling the values of Catholic education.
• Undergraduate or Graduate degree in English.
• Experience teaching in a high school environment.
• Ability to work collaboratively to promote student learning.
• Strong interpersonal and team-building skills.
• Master’s Degree and/or California teaching credential in English.
• Experience teaching high school-level English courses.
• Experience with web-based learning and 1:1 (e.g. iPads) classroom settings.
• Experience in a Catholic school setting.
Villanova Preparatory School
12096 N. Ventura Ave.
Ojai, CA 93023
Submit cover letter with complete resume to Brian Grisin:
Villanova Preparatory School (Ojai)
12096 N Ventura Ave