As part of an international network of Religious of the Sacred Heart of Mary (RSHM) schools, Marymount High School is an independent, Catholic all-girls school with the core purpose of educating and empowering young women to live lives of consequence as ethical leaders with a global perspective and an unshakable commitment to the common good.
The English Teacher is full-time teacher and member of the English Department, reporting to the Department Chair. The ideal candidate is comfortable working in a highly collaborative environment where value is placed on the skills and passions of the instructor.
• Work as a team player with other English teachers to coordinate lesson plans and course sequencing, share materials, and embrace a community approach to teaching
• Design lessons that are well-planned in terms of content, developmental
appropriateness, and department sequencing
• Monitor progress of each student’s writing, providing intervention or differentiation when necessary and appropriate, consistent high-quality feedback
• Offer collaborative and individual learning opportunities that support student growth
• Create an environment that emphasizes learning where students feel safe and welcome
• Meet with students during office hours and in the department Writing Center to assist with individual writing assignments
• Serve as grade level advisor
• Serve as moderator for the student newspaper
• Other duties as assigned
• Master’s degree in a relevant field, preferred
• Minimum of three (3) years previous teaching experience, preferably at the high school level, that emphasizes teaching literature and writing
• Strong background and understanding of teaching writing as a process
• Experience integrating technology into the English classroom
The rate of pay offered to the selected candidate is based on internal pay policy and budget. New hires are commonly paid at the minimum of the wage range or within the lower part of the range. We consider a number of factors when making compensation decisions including, but not limited to, skill sets, experience, training and other department needs.
Marymount High School (Los Angeles)
10643 Sunset Blvd.
Los Angeles, CA email@example.com