Immaculate Heart is a Catholic, independent, college preparatory middle and high school dedicated to the intellectual vitality, spiritual growth, moral strength, and social-emotional development of its students. Immaculate Heart fosters academic excellence and creativity in an environment that empowers students to become women of great heart and right conscience. Students embrace a life-long commitment to compassionate service, leadership, and humanitarian values.
We are currently seeking a Director of Development in the Office of Development and Alumnae Relations to lead annual and scholarship fundraising efforts, assist with donor solicitation and cultivation, and continue to develop relationships with foundations. This is an opportunity for a professional with fundraising experience to build this department and make a significant difference to the school’s advancement efforts.
Essential Responsibilities of the Director of Development:
• Lead and supervise the Office of Development and Alumnae Relations.
• Accurately and enthusiastically communicate information about the school’s mission and fundraising goals to current families, alumnae, and prospective donors with a goal of sustaining and increasing philanthropy.
• Work in collaboration with the President, the Principals, the CFO and the Board of Trustees to identify and execute strategies to improve the fundraising efforts of the school including, but not limited to, cultivating foundation relationships, improving alumnae giving, and assisting with parent/student activities that build strong, long-term relationships with the school.
• Be actively involved in all event planning, providing overall supervision of most.
• Be an active collaborator in all of the school’s advancement activities, and monitor effectiveness in coordination with the President, staff, and appropriate committees.
• With the President, manage the development and cultivation of a strong Board of Trustees.
• Provide staff support to the Board of Trustees, its Development Committee, and the Alumnae Association.
• Coordinate alumnae events including monthly newsletters, reunion planning, and celebrating class activities to name a few.
• Work in collaboration with the Director of Communications and Director of Admissions to ensure the highest quality advertising and promotional profile for the school.
• Passion, imagination, vision, leadership, and integrity.
• Excellent written and oral communication skills; with ability to communicate effectively one-on-one and in large groups.
• A demonstrated ability to plan and operate strategically, to build support for the school’s mission and philosophy, and to develop effective fundraising programs.
• A strategic approach to development, with experience in cultivating and managing donors.
• A demonstrated ability to plan, set goals and objectives, organize, and implement projects to completion.
• Ability to manage many responsibilities simultaneously, and to operate both independently and with the flexibility to be part of a team.
• Ability and willingness to work weeknights, weekends, and during school breaks.
• Bachelor’s degree
• Computer skills including Word, PowerPoint, Excel, and experience with fundraising database software.
The Ideal Candidate Will:
• Exemplify the values and ethics of Immaculate Heart, supporting its mission and philosophy.
• Be a manager who leads by example, who is not reluctant to manage and participate in any and all tasks that support the greater goal.
• Be an active, effective manager; must be a team player who is inclusive, flexible, creative, energetic, and fair minded.
• Be a self-starter who is confident enough to express opinions, to move forward when appropriate and hold back when necessary while being sensitive to the feelings and opinions of others.
• Be an energetic person who is emotionally mature, dependable, collegial, and possesses a sense of humor.
Please submit to email@example.com
1. Letter of Intent which includes your rationale for wanting to work at Immaculate Heart and relevant experience to this position.
2. Current resume.
3. Three references including your current employer. Your current employer will not be contacted without candidate’s approval.
Immaculate Heart High School (Los Angeles)
5515 Franklin Avenue
Los Angeles, CA firstname.lastname@example.org