The Coordinator of Youth Minister and Confirmation is an active Catholic with a gift and desire to enable youth to grow in their relationship with Jesus and His church. The position requires a person with a willingness to develop and support:
• High school youth ministry with St. Bernadette parish and high school social outreach
• Two-year Confirmation process, including creating and organizing candidate retreats.
• Work with Core Confirmation team for youth ministry and confirmation
• Relational ministry with our young adults
• Create and organize fundraising events to mitigate costs for retreats and youth day.
• Organize and manage group Christian Service events.
• Active member of a Roman Catholic parish faith community, willing to grow deeper in faith while working together in the mission of the church.
• Youth Ministry and Confirmation experience in a Catholic parish desired but not required.
• Meets the Los Angeles Archdiocese Safeguard the Children protocols.
• Attends staff meetings, religious education meetings as needed.
• Must be available to work weekends and evenings as needed.
• Excellent communication skills to establish good relationships with superior, staff, youth, adult volunteers, and partners.
• Proficient in Microsoft word, Excel, Power Point and Social Media platforms
The rate of pay offered to the selected candidate is based on internal pay policy and budget. New hires are commonly paid at the minimum of the wage range or within the lower part of the range. We consider a number of factors when making compensation decisions including, but not limited to, skill sets, experience, training and other department needs.
St. Bernadette (Los Angeles)
3825 Don Felipe Drive
Los Angeles, CA 90008T.email@example.com